force OTA updateTips

Last Updated: 2014-03-20 07:18:31
  1. killernos

killernos Member

guys, u can easily get your phone updated by following procedure below couple of times (for me it worked after 6th try had to run ota rootkeeper an use temp unroot to work):

Settings > Apps > All > Google Framework Services > Clear Data > Force Stop > Settings > About phone > System updates > Check now

enjoy :smokingsomb::rock:

Advertisement
    Hus and Tokenpoke like this.
  2. DesolationJones

DesolationJones Active Member

Any idea what the update did? It said it was a 100mb update. I had like 400mb of free space on my phone before the upate and now I only have 49mb.
  3. killernos

killernos Member

This is from lgs website

LG OPTIMUS F6 D500 SOFTWARE UPDATE

We are pleased to announce the software upgrade to D50010h is now available for the LG Optimus F6. This software upgrade includes important enhancements to improve performance.

Disclaimer: Actual network speeds depend on network availability, coverage levels, tasks, file characteristics, applications and other factors. Performance may be impacted by transmission limitations, terrain, in-building/in-vehicle use and capacity constraints.

P.S. I know people were saying that depending on what program they used, it would show different amounts pf space they had so lg might have fixed to show according
  4. screenname

screenname Well-Known Member

I received my F6 last Friday and have it unlocked and rooted in no time. After that, I got a system software update notice and went ahead with the update. According to the phone, the system software is at MS50010e. Install OTA rootkeeper and manually check system SF update, it downloaded over 100MB of data. Click restart & install. After the phone restart, it did seems to update the software but when I check System settings -> About phone -> Software Information, it shows MS50010e. I assume 10e is not the latest, is there a way to check the installation log to see what went wrong with the update?
  5. hugerichman

hugerichman Well-Known Member

I never received an update and i dont know how to update with ota?
  6. tony_duane

tony_duane Well-Known Member

So is ms50010i the 4.1.2?