"Forced close" error

1. shaunydub

shaunydub Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have been getting the "Forced closed" error on my Desire.
    Have found it so far when I am going into setting to uninstall an app and in Sound Recorder.

I reset to factory settings and it was fine....reinstalled all my apps.
    I think one of the apps is causing the issue but don't know which one.

Anyway I can find out - is there a trouble shooting app or something I can run in hidden commands?

Cheers

Advertisement
    :
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

No hidden commands, more a case of trial and error. First thing to check is it you use a task killer?
  3. shaunydub

Yes I had a Task killer and this was my first guess so did a factory reset and installed everything else but task killer and still had issues.

Through trial and error I have determined the app causing the problem is "Locale" which is annoying because it is very useful and its the only app I paid for!!:mad:

Does anyone else have Locale working ok without affecting any systems settings or other built in apps on a T-Mob Desire?
  4. Karolis

Karolis Well-Known Member

I know this is not helpful at all, but I also get FC on WordPress twice every time I reboot the phone.

Had to uninstall it for that reason.
  5. shaunydub

Yes it looks like there are a few apps causing issues.
    I guess this is due to it being a new phone and also having Android 2.1 which isn't on every device yet.

Hopefully as Desire and 2.1 become more widespread apps will be updated and these issues fixed.

In meantime I will be installing one app at a time and checking settings and other apps are ok so that I don't have to trial and error root cause.

I recommend others do the same to save a lot of time and frustration - not to mention bandwith.
  6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Email the developer of locale, tell him you get an FC with his app including what phone you have etc. They really do appreciate bug reports like this. Also means if there is a problem it will be fixed quicker and you can get it back sooner :p
  7. shaunydub

I did already email them this morning, hope for a fix soon.

Has anyone else had this issue?
  8. shaunydub

Sweet had a reply from Locale developers
    Good to know they are on the ball, a bit annoying I paid
  9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Ahh, well at least they are aware of it yeah, just goes to show that when in doubt drop them an email is a good option. Hopefully HTC fix it soon!
  10. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

when there is an fimware update for this problem will you be able to update it over your desire or via pc only?
  11. shaunydub

I have checked via my Desire and nothing is available for T-Mob locked devices yet.
    Not sure if you will only be able to update on the Desire - I have seen updates on HTC wesbite for other devices to download on PC so maybe both will be possible - only time will tell
  12. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Hopefully they will have a fix soon.