Forced DX Upgrade

Last Updated:

1. StillHacking

StillHacking Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So it's around 6:30 AM and I heard the default "droid" sound. I take a look and it's downloading. I'm not happy, lost my one click root and perhaps other options for roms. I thought this was my phone, Moto and VZW. Oh well more reading as to getting root back. I WAS going to wait till more information came out.

SH

Advertisement
  2. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

3. StillHacking

Thanks Tee, I know what I'll be doing today. Looks like even with the flash download from the market still no love on Hulu. The browser option to emulate desktop is no longer there, again more reading.

not happy,
    SH

4. kk4df

kk4df Well-Known Member

You can also block the OTA updates by renaming the otacerts.zip file, as detailed in other threads. I'm still waiting a bit before I let it update.

5. StillHacking

Good to know for others. Fool that I was I thought it would only install if I allowed it. I bet there are other surprised people today. Looks like all the work arounds for Hulu have been changed. Changed both dolphin and the native browser to desktop but no go. Flash works, just not on Hulu. Oh well I rarely watch anyhow it was just an experiment.

SH

6. StillHacking

OK successfully rooted again following the link Tee provided. It was a struggle as I finally figured out I needed to update the drivers. They used to work but kept loosing connectivity in PC mode. (MB180 driver would not be found when in PC mode only, was the symptom.)
    Second headache was apparently access control no longer works in Wireless Tether. When invoked it connects but in local mode only (no internet connection.) I don't think this is a big problem but others might want to know. All this might have been covered before but hey, the more hits on a search the better in my opinion. Now back to fiddling with flash, Hulu, etc.