• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Forced to go Stock. Need help!

kismetgeek

Jun 26, 2010
i've been a rooted ROM user since I got my DX at launch. But to be allowed to get my work e-mails on my DX, I'm required to be full stock.

I'm now at .605, using the motoblur, but I'm having some major speed issues. The phone feels sluggish and sometimes reboots on its own.

Any tips from other stock motoblur users? How can I increase the stability and speed of my phone while I'm not rooted?

Thank you!

You're limited to what you can do with stock.

Was it good after returning to stock? How long ago did you do this?

Any newly installed rom (even stock) will be sluggish for a day or so.

IMO, the best way to return to stock is to sbf to 602, get the 605 update (settings... about phone... check for updates), reboot and then do a factory reset to start out on a clean slate.

My recommendation would be to do a factory reset:

• Make sure your battery is fully charged.
  • Power down your phone.
  • Press the power and home buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds to boot into recovery.
  • Press both up/down volume buttons to display the recovery menu.
  • Use the volume up/down buttons to highlight "wipe cache". Press the power button to wipe it.
  • Use the volume buttons to highlight "factory reset" and press the power button.
  • It may take 5 to 20 minutes to finish
  • When finished, highlight "reboot" and press power. Your first boot will take longer (3-5 minutes) to finish due to wiping the cache.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones