• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Forced to Unroot, then reroot and now cannot

when you wipe before flashing what are you doing?

Iv tried every way you can think of, data/factory reset cache davlik cache or everything other than sd card of course. As long as iv had this problem and as many things iv tried and advice iv taken I'm sure it's not a wiping issue.

I'm basically now in a spot where I have my rooted evo and I cannot enjoy any gb roms other than cm7, evo deck, or miuu, all aosp roms.

And I literally have tried everything ppl have thrown at me and it has been the same result over and over very very frustrating.

Have you ever heard of this issue?

Upvote 0
which roms have you tried? try wiping data, cache, and dalvik cache 3x. then use superwipe. do you have your card partitioned?

First of all I want to tyvm for taking some of your time to help. In my particular situation, Next week will be 2 months iv been reading up everything i can find online, trying everything others have offered up across various forums, all ending with no solution. A few have said they have had this same exact issue, most still have the issue but one person, who said by upgrading his hboot to .97 from the version prior, that fixed it.

8g stock sd

S-off obv
Hboot-2.10.0001
Radio-2.15.00.11.19

Ok afa roms that work and dont work:

Work w/ no issues: Cyanogen,Evo deck, Miui, ANY froyo(mikfroyo,myns,&Others) sidenote- in taking someones advice, i attempted to unroot then reroot to see if that would fix the issue, so was instructed to run the ruu 3.70 & was able to get back to stock, however that was 2.2 correct?

Failed roms in which the SAME EXACT thing happen with everyone of them: Says the install from Sd card is complete. Reboot. Briefly shows the familiar pink & blue lines across the screen. Black screen a sec. or 2. then the white htc screen for approx. 10 sec. Vibrates, black screen briefly, then back to the white htc screen. Repeats Continuous
MikG, Kindom Revolution, Vr_Kindom, Leo's, Synergy, Alliance, Stock Rom 4.24.651.1, BOS port, Supersonic GB & others.

Afa Partitoning my Sd, I have not, I dont know how. I see in AMon where it says Partition SD but is that all I need to do is simply select it and thats it?

I have tried to format my SD using SDformatter which did nothing. Not sure if its the same thing. Sorry for the noobage.

Using Amon RA-which is running fine.
side note-when booting to Hboot then selecting bootloader, you know how it always checks for an image or w/e it checks for, well Iv noticed that when its doing it scan in parentheses it says "wrong image". That might have nothing to do with nothing but i want to make sure I mention everything I think may out of the ordinary.

Before when I would wipe, I would wipe in this order: cache,davlik cache,boot,system,sd ext,data,sd secure,user data/factory reset x2or3
or this order: user data/factory reset,cache,davlik x2or3 so I personally its a wipe issue but be clear when I say Ill try ANYTHING, Im desperate to get this fixed....somehow!!

then Andy said to do this:

Using Amon Ra v2.3 as your recovery, do this:

1. Download rom of your choice, a)either download to your computer and transfer OR b)download directly to your phone (If (a), then rom will be on the root of your sd card, if (b), then rom will be in your 'download' folder of your sd card)

2. Download Calkulin's Format all zip and/or download VR Superwipe (Both can be found in the Roms and kernels download page)

3. Boot to recovery

4. Flash Calkulin's format all zip and/or Vr Superwipe zip (you can flash both, it won't hurt anything;))

5. Wipe data/factory reset

6. Wipe cache

7. Wipe Dalvik cache

8. Flash rom of your choice

9. Reboot phone

I then did this exactly as he said coming back with the same result :(:thinking::eek:

Do you want me to try a different way of the above?

Should i partition the sd? If so what are the steps?

Again, thank you. iv about ran out of help and im very close to not having any other options & I will be forced to have those 3 roms to enjoy. This is not why I rooted. Very Frustrating.:thinking:

Upvote 0
First of all I want to tyvm for taking some of your time to help. In my particular situation, Next week will be 2 months iv been reading up everything i can find online, trying everything others have offered up across various forums, all ending with no solution. A few have said they have had this same exact issue, most still have the issue but one person, who said by upgrading his hboot to .97 from the version prior, that fixed it.

8g stock sd

S-off obv
Hboot-2.10.0001
Radio-2.15.00.11.19

Ok afa roms that work and dont work:

Work w/ no issues: Cyanogen,Evo deck, Miui, ANY froyo(mikfroyo,myns,&Others) sidenote- in taking someones advice, i attempted to unroot then reroot to see if that would fix the issue, so was instructed to run the ruu 3.70 & was able to get back to stock, however that was 2.2 correct?

Failed roms in which the SAME EXACT thing happen with everyone of them: Says the install from Sd card is complete. Reboot. Briefly shows the familiar pink & blue lines across the screen. Black screen a sec. or 2. then the white htc screen for approx. 10 sec. Vibrates, black screen briefly, then back to the white htc screen. Repeats Continuous
MikG, Kindom Revolution, Vr_Kindom, Leo's, Synergy, Alliance, Stock Rom 4.24.651.1, BOS port, Supersonic GB & others.

Afa Partitoning my Sd, I have not, I dont know how. I see in AMon where it says Partition SD but is that all I need to do is simply select it and thats it?

I have tried to format my SD using SDformatter which did nothing. Not sure if its the same thing. Sorry for the noobage.

Using Amon RA-which is running fine.
side note-when booting to Hboot then selecting bootloader, you know how it always checks for an image or w/e it checks for, well Iv noticed that when its doing it scan in parentheses it says "wrong image". That might have nothing to do with nothing but i want to make sure I mention everything I think may out of the ordinary.

Before when I would wipe, I would wipe in this order: cache,davlik cache,boot,system,sd ext,data,sd secure,user data/factory reset x2or3
or this order: user data/factory reset,cache,davlik x2or3 so I personally its a wipe issue but be clear when I say Ill try ANYTHING, Im desperate to get this fixed....somehow!!

then Andy said to do this:

Using Amon Ra v2.3 as your recovery, do this:

1. Download rom of your choice, a)either download to your computer and transfer OR b)download directly to your phone (If (a), then rom will be on the root of your sd card, if (b), then rom will be in your 'download' folder of your sd card)

2. Download Calkulin's Format all zip and/or download VR Superwipe (Both can be found in the Roms and kernels download page)

3. Boot to recovery

4. Flash Calkulin's format all zip and/or Vr Superwipe zip (you can flash both, it won't hurt anything;))

5. Wipe data/factory reset

6. Wipe cache

7. Wipe Dalvik cache

8. Flash rom of your choice

9. Reboot phone

I then did this exactly as he said coming back with the same result :(:thinking::eek:

Do you want me to try a different way of the above?

Should i partition the sd? If so what are the steps?

Again, thank you. iv about ran out of help and im very close to not having any other options & I will be forced to have those 3 roms to enjoy. This is not why I rooted. Very Frustrating.:thinking:

I don't believe that partitioning your sd card will have any effect on the stock GB roms.

Now, the sense 3.0 roms, that's a different story. It is highly recommended to partition the sd card for these roms just for the simple fact that most individuals will run out of room after installing their apps.

Again, partitioning your sd card will probably not solve the flashing issues with the GB roms but if are interested in partitioning, [GUIDE][07/07/11]How to Partition your SD Card - xda-developers is a good guide

Reactions: htcevo4g03
Upvote 0
I don't believe that partitioning your sd card will have any effect on the stock GB roms.

Now, the sense 3.0 roms, that's a different story. It is highly recommended to partition the sd card for these roms just for the simple fact that most individuals will run out of room after installing their apps.

Again, partitioning your sd card will probably not solve the flashing issues with the GB roms but if are interested in partitioning, [GUIDE][07/07/11]How to Partition your SD Card - xda-developers is a good guide

Well I think every rom but one were Sense 3.0 roms but if this was the remedy, wouldnt you think the gb roms i tried should have worked?

Thanks for the guide, ill try anything but this is the last resort. iv tried everything and more:thinking:, thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones