forcing 2g on 3 UK

Last Updated:

1. Jamil

Jamil Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible?

Advertisement
  2. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy Well-Known Member

Just a heads up. Doing so is against there Terms & Conditions.

Why?

Because it costs them money as you will be Roaming onto someone else's Network..

They will then send you a text message informing you that you have breached there T&C's.

If you fail to comply with them you will be sent a bill & or disconnected & then they will send you a bill asking you to pay in full any remaining months you have on the contract in full.

If you fail to pay / refuse ...they will send a debt collector.

As for using 2g... Go to settings... Wifi settings... Mobile network settings.. Use 2g only..
    Also it will go to 2g automatically if you have no 3g signal...

I left 3 because indoors I always had poor signal..virtually none.

3. Jamil

ok thanks

4. jUsT2eXy

Hi sorry. I edited my reply.

Please see the part in bold. Please let me know if it works for you / if this setting is there..

If you have a 3UK branded handset it will have 3UK's firmware installed. Therefore the setting will probably be locked as will other settings.

When I had my N95 8GB with 3UK I flashed the firmware with a generic one because the phone was really slow, buggy and some settings were removed (blacked/greyed out in the settings menu)... very annoying..

5. Jamil

that is edited out of 3s firmware

6. jUsT2eXy

Yeah I thought so. You could try this to get rid of the 3UK firmware if you don't like it .. at your own risk.. But it will not help with the "connect to 2g only" as the signal will revert back to 3g even if you manually select a 2g network via 3UK's roaming partners (only if there's 3g signal)..

http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/8072-how-debrand-orange-uk-phone-original-htc-hero.html

^ That's for Orange but it would be the same for 3UK .. But wait for someone else to reply to this thread as I am not to sure.

Sorry. :eek:

7. Choppius

Choppius Member

There is no way to do it in the long term, due to 3 blocking the feature on their handsets. You can search manually for network and select 2g, however it will revert back to 3g when it detects a 3g signal.

8. Jamil

Thank you both, I should not have got this phone on 3