• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forcing Apps to install to the SD card without root

its better to buy htc wild fire s than to explorer.....i was v.excited when i had bought explorer and then found that its internal memory is too low :mad:and it cant be able to download save apps to sd card:thinking:.....i did things to move all apps to sd card but unable to download apps from google play store to sd card directly:mad::mad:......thats so pathetic....!!

Upvote 0
Hi,
I followed the steps given,its not working fully for me i.e i am not able to move all the apps to SD . Pl help. Right Now i am able to move Watsapp and other games. I heard from my friends that they are able to move google play as well. i am not able to move google play.i am still running out of memory,if i install facebook,watsapp,viber altogether. pl suggest a way. Also is there any way to remove the preloaded applications in exlporer such as NDTV crickert,saavn if so pl suggest.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I followed the steps given,its not working fully for me i.e i am not able to move all the apps to SD . Pl help. Right Now i am able to move Watsapp and other games. I heard from my friends that they are able to move google play as well. i am not able to move google play.i am still running out of memory,if i install facebook,watsapp,viber altogether. pl suggest a way. Also is there any way to remove the preloaded applications in exlporer such as NDTV crickert,saavn if so pl suggest.

Some apps still will not be able to be moved unless you root. You just have to move what you can.

Upvote 0
Mine's not working.
After I type adb devices it just says list of devices attached it doesn't say my serial number or anything. I definitely have USB debugging and I'm definitely in charge-only mode. HTC sync also seems to say "no device connected" even though there is. Can you help please?
Try using the first part of this guide for setting up the connection, ie. the stuff before step 1:

http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s-all-things-root/480954-guide-how-root-wildfire-s-s-finally.html

Also make sure you're using a good cable like the one that came with the phone. That made the difference for me once when everything else was right.

man u are awesome......may u live for like a 100 years
Welcome :hello: and glad your first foray into Android Forums was a success! But I don't want to live a hundred years on this cursed dirtball... 70 is plenty and then I'll be looking forward to the resurrection and a new creation :p:D

Upvote 0
Everything was going smoothly. But in step5 when I entered adb shell it did not showed "adb server is out of date, killing..., deamon started successfully". But I moved on this problem, then I gave the next command ie "pm setInstallLocation 2" and enter. But when I tried to move the Gmail app I can't move, bcoz the " move to sd " is not cracked. It is remain the same thing as before it was. So plz help in this case...

Upvote 0
I've been reading this thread for a while and I am a newly registered member. I have some problem, I followed all the steps but it seems that my laptop cannot detect any devices connected. I've made sure that my USB Debugging mode is enabled and my phone is connected in Charge Only Mode. What is my possible error? Thanks.

Upvote 0
is this work on cm9 ?

I'm a new member here. I just got my Galaxy note 2 4 days ago and I'm wondering if this method of installing apps to external storage could be applied on my device as well?

As both are ICS(?), I don't believe so, the commands are different.

The Note 2 should have ample space anyway :)

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones