Forcing full screenGeneral

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Well-Known Member

I use the Web browser that came with the s4. How do I force a Web page to load in its full desktop like appearance?? I don't like the mobile versions.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Root the phone and install ASOP Browser from the market, that let's you go full screen, it's faster than Chrome and supports flash.

This is the quickest way to root if your using the i9505.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2219803
  3. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Dolphin all the way for me.
    This has full screen option, and the scrolling is extraordinarily smooth.
  4. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Well-Known Member

sorry, I'm asking about the phone displaying the full web page, not the mobile web page version. There should be something in settings, but I cant find it.

also, I rooted my last droid incredible. dont need to on this phone since I can go in and disable the bloadware I don't use, but thanks for the suggestion.
  5. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Like Hawker mentioned, Dolphin is a much better browser and doesn't require rooting to use full screen.

For the full site view you're asking about, that may be more a function of the site itself. There should be a hyperlink somewhere in the view that allows you to switch from mobile site to full site.
  6. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

In Dolphin, you can set your default user agent to what you want. Eg:
    Android, Desktop, iPhone, iPad, Custom
  7. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Since no-one has actually answered the OP's question, I shall.

If you tap on the menu button (i.e. the left hand soft button) a set of options will come up. Towards the bottom you will see "Desktop View". If you tap that, you will get the normal full version of the web page you were looking for rather than the mobile version (which, as you appear to have noticed, is almost always harder to use and generally a bit crap).

BTW You threw the posters above by using the phrase "full screen". That normally means without window decorations such as a menu bar etc. rather than desktop as opposed to mobile.
  8. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Ditto. Menu-desktop view