Ford SYNC/bluetooth sound problem - suggestions??Support

Last Updated: 2011-12-19 04:25:35
  1. huskerkate

huskerkate Well-Known Member

I synced my phone with Ford SYNC without any problems, and was able to stream music into my vehicle for a while. But, next time i tried it, i couldnt get any sound. Bluetooth says it is connected with my phone, and i have the bluetooth volume turned up but still cant get any sound. I wanted to see if i'm overlooking something before i do a factory reset. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

Try unpairing and repairing. That worked for me. Sync is a total abortion, as are most Microsoft products.
  3. NeutralNovice

NeutralNovice Well-Known Member

I had the same problem unfortunately. I restarted the phone and it worked but I still shouldn't have to do that. It's hard to say which side the problem is on unfortunately. My Thunderbolt didn't have this problem so I think it might be a problem on the phone.

Also, I think GNex has BT 3.0--can't remember, so there might be a problem in the whole backwards compatibility stuff.
  4. NeutralNovice

NeutralNovice Well-Known Member

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid; I tried to unpair and repair but it did not work. What vehicle do you have? You probably have a difference version of Sync than me.

and LOL on Microsoft products being abortions!
  5. wysts43

wysts43 Well-Known Member

Had the exact same issue with my 2010 f150. Just restart your phone and it should be OK.... well mine was OK at least
  6. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

2011 Ford Edge. Latest software updates, it reboots (