Ford Sync HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. jchoog

jchoog New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All. My Eris connects with my ford sync through bluetooth no problem sometimes, other times it can't connect, even if I try connecting manually. Also, it takes forever to actually dial my numbers after a command and can take up to 30 secs to end call. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Hi jchoog, and welcome to the forum.

Is your phone rooted, if so which ROM are you running?
    You mentioned it sometimes dials slowly and/or takes up to 30 seconds to end a call - is that anytime, or only when the phone is synced to the Ford?

3. jchoog

Not rooted...been putting it off in case I have to take it back. It really doesn't take that long when it's not connected to Sync. When it is connected it acts up...that's when it will actually connect.

4. Podivin

Hmmm... I was 'hoping' that you were going to say that your phone always dials slowly - in which case the answer is 'root'. But since you're only having the problem when using Ford sync I'm not going to be able to help (I have a Hyundai and the BT dialing works fine). There have been some other threads here about Ford Sync, but none related to the problem you're having.

5. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

my wife has the same problem with her captivate. not rooted. BT connects fine most of the time but occasionally will not connect at all (although sometimes the car THINKS the phone is connected but its really not).

The only way around it that she was able to find was to reconnect the phone to the car, as if you did it for the first time. My guess is a bug between android OS and ford sync.

After dealing with sync for a little while now, I like it but its really picky and annoying sometimes,

6. Podivin

Something (weird) to try - turn off WiFi while using BT in the Ford.
    I know when WiFi searches it has a minor effect on my car (a 'click' and a skip in whatever audio stream I have playing). Maybe it causes a different problem in Ford. It may not make any difference, but it has the virtue of being easy to test...

jchoog likes this.
  7. jchoog

Yesterday I read a post about removing all widgets from my other screens (home and HTC) and just leaving my LP screens up......It's improved performance and I haven't had the connection issue since......Knock on wood.
    Thanks for your help....been trying to root but can't seem to download the zip file from the rooting for dummies post yet.

8. Podivin

9. snoop dd

snoop dd New Member

I'm in the market for a new Android phone and I want it to sync to my 2010 Ford Edge with SYNC. I want it to play my music, make my voice command phone calls and most of all I want it to read me my text messages. It doesn't need to navigate. I have a gps in my car. I do need a phone that works off a sim card, so a Sprint and Verizon phone won't work. I've been reading the posts and see all the problems but I want to know what does work. Is there anyone out there that has a phone that is working with Ford SYNC?:confused:

10. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

it seems to be a hit and miss with android phones and SYNC.