Ford SyncSupport

1. MikeDelta1

MikeDelta1 New Member

I have a truk with Ford Sync (couldn't live without it now), and I was able to sync the phone with bluetooth no problems, even downloaded all my contacts. The problem I have is when I hook up via the usb port (used to play music via voice commands, very usefull when you have 7gb of music on the phone) I have to enter the notification panel and mount the phone, not a problem if it is for a long drive but when i'm in and out of the truck running errands, having to mount it every time is a pain. Any idea if i can set it up to mount on its own when it connects? Thanks for any assistance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. schwieb

schwieb New Member

3. DigitalHubris

DigitalHubris New Member

Have you tried just playing the music via bluetooth?
  4. our3rotts

our3rotts Active Member

I had the Silent bug problem where the bluetooth and SYNC were interfacing for media play, but I couldn't hear the phone.

Now that I have my replacement phone, I don't have the silent bug, but when I tried to use the USB to charge the phone and play media over bluetooth at the same time, it wouldn't work. I never had that happen on the 1.5 OS.

Just got the replacement phone on Friday, today was the first day I tried to use it with bluetooth. It worked as a bluetooth phone just fine - connected to USB & not.

As far as making the USB connection a default go to:

Settings >> Connect to PC >> Default Connection Type >> Disk Drive

From what I understand, this will only allow you to play the music stored on your SD card. I don't believe it will allow for playing Pandora or Rhapsody that way.
  5. mseliga

mseliga Member

Pandora and Rhapsody play through the speakers so you would have to plug the phone to your stereo through a Aux cable. I hook mine to my car all the time for Pandora and its great.

As far as the USB, you can change the default setting to Disk Drive.
  6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

You should be able to use Bluetooth audio which just forwards all audio from the phone to your car radio. Then you can use Pandora and such.
  7. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

I just hooked up a portable hard drive with all my music. If I want Pandora I use the AUX jack because it 'clips' over bluetooth - only with media though.
  8. our3rotts

our3rotts Active Member

I didn't have any problems with Rhapsody or Pandora over the Bluetooth prior to 2.1. There shouldn't be any reason I have to find the AUX jack & plug it in.

Another thing that 2.1 has done - it automatically starts playing media when it connects in the car. It puts the controls on the lock screen, which is nice, but if I want to play Pandora or Rhapsody, I have to turn off the default music player first. I can't find a setting to change the default.
  9. colornshape

colornshape Well-Known Member

THere is or was an app in the market to auto mount the SD card. WOrked for the computer, anyway. MIght xork for this.
  10. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

My Bluetooth Media audio was fine before as well, I believe it is a bug.

1.5 and 2.1 automatically have started the native media player for me, annoying as all hell.
  11. Nordmann

Nordmann New Member

I have a Ford Mondeo from 2008. I had no problems connecting my Ericson X! to the cars system. My Galaxy connects now and then, and only for some minutes. What shal I do to get a steady connection.
  12. JomarE

JomarE New Member

Cars are getting smarter now. Ford is taking on GM's OnStar system and Infiniti
  13. Tulsatom

Tulsatom New Member

Hello, first post to this site since I just purchased my first Android phone, the Photon from Sprint. The main reason I picked this phone was, what I thought, would be it's easy and full compatibility with Ford's SYNC syst in my new 2011 F-150. I previously had the HTC HD2, it did everything great except theron function I wantedost of all...the text notification/read function.
    So after doing some research on Ford's SYnC web site, I came to the conclusion that the main Bluetooth protocol needed for SYNC to read your texts is called "MAP".
    At my local Sprint store, I was told the Photon had MAP and the salesman actually paired the demo phone toy SYNC and it did notify and read incoming text. However, for some reason it would act like it would try to respond but then said the attempt to respond failed. We didn't test the other pairing functions like steaming audio, etc..but I guess I just assumed if the phone did the texting thing that it would surely do everything else.
    Fast forward to today, I get my new phone home and try to receive texts via SYNC...it doesn't doing anything...but it does act like it wants to send text just find, however they never get to there final destination!! What is going on? How can the demo Photon work in the store but not when I get mine home!? This is so extremely frustrating...I have waisted hours and hours trying to bird dog a solution but to no avail. Any help from you fine folks on this site would be greatly appreciated! Thank you again!!
  14. TechSpecFordAL

TechSpecFordAL New Member

I work in the technology department at a Ford dealership. The first thing you should always do is check the sync website and make sure that your system supports USB media through your phone. If you have a USB cord for your phone and you plug it in to your vehicle, you should be able to just hit your voice command button and say "USB". The system should then say, "USB. Please say a command." You can then say "Play Artist <artist name>" "Play track <track name>" etc. If none of these voice commands work you may need to do a master reset on your vehicle. To do this, you would go to your phone menu, scroll until you see the Advanced option and press OK, scroll until you see Master Reset and press OK until you see the words "Resetting..." on your dash. If you do a master reset you will have to repair your phone to your system.
    doogald likes this.