• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forever Installation

Ok, so the other day I tried DLing a Flickr app for android, "Flickr Free for Android".

It downloaded just fine, but has been in the "installing" phase for going on 3 days. I cant "uninstall" because it technically isnt installed yet. I cant try to redownload because the market is showing that it is installing..

How do I get rid of it????

HALP!

Try going onto Settings, Applications, Manage Applications. Next, take the tab for "all" and scroll down until you find the Market app. Go into it and CLEAR DATA. There's a good chance you'll have to log in again, but it's like starting FRESH with the Market, so it may forget that it was hung up on a download.

Reactions: x_Prozak_x
Upvote 0
Try going onto Settings, Applications, Manage Applications. Next, take the tab for "all" and scroll down until you find the Market app. Go into it and CLEAR DATA. There's a good chance you'll have to log in again, but it's like starting FRESH with the Market, so it may forget that it was hung up on a download.

you rock...appears to solve the issue

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones