Forget Google Map Address Book App - Create Groups in ContactsTips

Last Updated:

1. ahpook

ahpook Member This Topic's Starter

May 10, 2010

Before I would create groups just for my texting, but Navigation works great too.

Took a wine trip to Santa Barbara. Had a few places (hotel, boat cruise, wineries, Santa Barbara Mission, some restaurants, that taco stand Julia Child made famous, etc.), and just created a contact for each. No inputting on phone or using voice, it's already done.

Had concert @ Hollywood Bowl. They have shuttle service at some offsite locations like the LA Zoo or in Studio City. I just create a group called Concerts, and copy and paste address from website.

Meeting friend at bar never been to? Already have a Group called Bars. Just copy and paste address, and your done.

I have groups for everything. Family, San Francisco, San Diego friends, Hotels, Bars, sporting venues, whatever. I cross link whenever I can.

Just hit People and slide over to Groups. The whole goal for me is just to hit buttons, and not have to input anything when I'm on run. Use it like AppBrain. So much easier to manage everything from Google contacts page. Just copy and paste eveything.

Best part is, can delete or add anytime.

Also saves me battery since doing stuff on computer, and everything is synched automatically.

emmur0 likes this.
  2. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    I star the locations in Google Map on my PC and in seconds all those Stared items in the Navigation app on the phone. I'll try the contact tip for my next trip. thanks
  3. helvinlui

helvinlui Member

Jan 10, 2011
    What phone are you using? My default phone book in my LG phone that runs Andriod 2.2 does not seem to have a groups feature?