Forgets Wi-FiSupport

1. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

After having 3 HTC smartphones this is my first Samsung & I can say I love it. So much better & no major problems. One thing I did notice & it might be normal but I figured I'd ask. If I don't connect to a specific Wi-Fi spot for a little while it seems the the phone forgets it & I have to add/connect to it again. For example...I work at a hospital which offers free WiFi. While at work I connect to it since cell service isn't always the best in the hospital. After having 2 days off when I go back to work I have to scan for available Wi-Fi & add/connect to the 2 free ones I used last time I worked. If I use them more frequently then they are listed & connect fine. Anyone else experience this & is this normal for the GS4?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Canesfan

Canesfan Well-Known Member

Yes, among other WiFI issues (see the WiFi thread), my phone does the same thing. I do believe it is a characteristic of this phone.
  3. KJocko

KJocko New Member

My S4 Active always forgot passwords also. Had to select network and enter password every day, but no longer.

Try the following.
    1. Disconnect from the desired wifi if connected.
    2. Click the add a wifi network connection, located at bottom of the list of available connections.
    3. Type in SSID, select encryption type, type in password,
    4. Select connect.

now my phone automatically connects.
    Cressbrookian likes this.