1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Forgot GMail Account

1. epic melody

epic melody New Member

Well, I have a Samsung Captivate, and my friend used up all the unlock pattern attempts on my phone, and I got locked out. Since I'm locked out, I need my GMail account to get in to my phone.
    Unfortunately, I can't remember ANY GMail information, including the alternate email I used to make the GMail account.
    Is there any way I could recover my account differently?
    If not, will I need to get a new phone?

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Too Many Pattern Attempts - CapFAQ

You have an Android phone. Android is made by Google, and your primary link for access is via your Google/Gmail account. It's critical that you not use some casual/throwaway account for this when setting up your phone and make sure you use a good, valid account that you know the password for.

If there was an alternate way to get around this, it wouldn't be very good security... which is the whole point.
  3. rezarhamdhani

rezarhamdhani New Member

how do i unlock my phone? I can not open it because I made ​​a mistake when you unlock my phone, so I am in order to open my Gmail account but I forgot my sandinya.lalu opened via a computer and reset your password and successfully but I still can not open my phone when entering my Gmail account and password that baru.saya please help, thanks