Forgot my sercurity code for the G2Support

Last Updated: 2011-02-15 10:28:33
  1. reddstache

reddstache New Member

I forgot my 4 digit security code to unlock my key pad for the G2, please help me!

Advertisement
  2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

Try a hard reset

1/ Switch off the phone (either removing the battery or shutting down by holding the "end call" button for few seconds
    2/ While being switched off, hold the "home" (house) and "back" (the arrow in the lower right corner)
    3/ Hit briefly the "end call" button" while still holding the "home" and "back" buttons.
    4/ Release the "home" and "back" button, a white screen containing technical information should appear, with a red message asking for hitting the "menu" button.
    5/ Hit the "menu button", the Hero will now boot with factory settings.
  3. Freaking spammers I swear what does device security code has to do with simlock code? I mean why would people even pay for it? As you can manully disable the radio security off from bootloader and change the CID thus simunlocking it.
  4. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Well-Known Member

Turn the phone off.

Power it on with the vol - and pwr button

You will be in the bootloader screen, use vol - to get to factory reset use pwr to accept it.

You will loose everything but it should all be syncd to gmail...
  5. 99formulam6

99formulam6 New Member

Just a thought, but if it is the code to unlock the keypad, how could you forget it? I can understand forgetting the code to something you never use, but forgetting a code you use all the time seems odd..
  6. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

hint, its probably a stolen phone. do not help people with bs claims like this.
  7. calador

calador New Member

Dunno if it works the same way as security code, but for pattern code, if you screw up entry 5 times in a row, you can click "forgot pattern?" which will allow you to log into your Gmail and proceed from there.
  8. No_Nickname90

No_Nickname90 Well-Known Member

If this is an Android phone, if you keep messing up the phone should ask you to just basically sign in to one of your Gmail accounts you have synced to your phone. Why don't you know one of your Gmail accounts? LoL!!