Forgot PIN number to lock screen... -_-Support

Last Updated:

1. biggpat86

biggpat86 Well-Known Member

Changed it last night before I went to bed and cant recall what it is. Normally it would give you the option to unlock your phone through your google account, but that has yet to happen. Any advice?

Advertisement
  2. biggpat86

Any help would be greatly appreciated. i found a lock screen bypass app that i installed from the market website. but i still cant factory reset the device or change the pin without knowing the password.
  3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

I couldn't find any information on how to do this via a Google search, other than performing a hard reset without doing it through the settings. Doing this will reset your phone to factory settings, and you will lose all of your personal data and any installed applications. Your contacts are saved within your Gmail account on their servers, so as soon as you re-add your gmail account on the phone and enable sync, your contacts will be uploaded to your phone.

1. Turn off your LG Optimus V.
    2. Press and hold the following keys for over 5 seconds: Down volume key + Home + Power
    3. When the power turns on, release these keys.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device
  4. biggpat86

Tried that as well to no avail. Im truly at a loss as to what to do.
  5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

:(

Call Virgin Mobile and see if customer service can help you.
  6. biggpat86

only thing i can really do at this point. gotta love calling the outsource centers
  7. biggpat86

Boom goes the dynamite! FINALLY. A call to VM customer service that actually gets shit FIXED! All the factory reset intructions that I found through google, have all been incorrect. Looks like I just got schooled by Hector from the Phillippines hahaha.
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

That's great news! Glad you got it fixed. :p

Just an FYI though, the call center for Virgin Mobile is in the United States. ;)
  9. biggpat86

Both of the reps I spoke to about an hour ago were located in the Phillippines. And the call quality and transfer times were far too garbage to be LOCAL local.
  10. Annonymous7

Annonymous7 Active Member

Hey, glad to see you got this worked out. Im sorry to bump this, but something you said struck me as incredibly odd. @NoNameFace gave instructions for a "Hard Reset", and you said that you had "tried that as well to no avail". A reset in that fashion REALLY did absolutely nothing to help your case?? What app were you using, might I ask? That really surprises me.
  11. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

He said in another thread that he misread my instructions... those were the same steps that the VM CSR gave him, so it did work. :)
  12. awc100

awc100 New Member

Need to find out if there is any way to get past the pin password?
    BIL- passed away and we (family) are trying to get into phone for contacts and email.
    Is it possible to get past the pin lock without hard reset which might erase some of the data we are looking for?
  13. rooter1

rooter1 Well-Known Member

Someone with more knowledge than me will be along at some point.,:)

But it my be possible to create a backup in recovery then reset and maybe be able to access the contact portion of the backup via a file manager app.

I'm sorry for your loss.
  14. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

Call the phone, then answer it. From the in call screen, hit the home button. That ought to do it.

I lost my mom to cancer two years ago, I understand your loss. My deepest sympathies.
  15. Thorsten

Thorsten Well-Known Member

Doesn
  16. melim

melim Disabled

I'm thinking getting into his GMail acct (which should have all his synced contacts from his phone) might be a solution if you can't get into the phone.

Very sorry for your loss. :(
  17. brotherswing

18. melim

melim Disabled

I may have been unclear? Was thinking they may be able to get into his GMail on his computer, if he has one. Or am I misunderstanding you? :confused:
  19. brotherswing

I was in the middle of reflashing her phone when she needed to make a call. I handed her my phone, but her numbers weren't there. We tried to find them in her GMail acct, but couldn't figure it out. So, that's what I mean. I don't know how to look them up from a PC.
  20. melim

melim Disabled

Now I'm even more confused. Why would her #s be on your phone? Or did she log into her GMail acct using the *browser* on your phone and couldn't see her contacts? (I can't see mine either in the mobile version it defaults to; if you scroll down and hit desktop view or whatever, you can see all of them the same as if you were on a puter.) At any rate, this is not really helpful to AWC100 if they're not able to get into the phone. My suggestion was to try to get into his GMail acct on a computer and get the contacts that way since they were having trouble getting into the phone. Of course that assumes that he synced his contacts at least occasionally, that he has a computer, that they can get into said computer, and that he stayed logged into gmail or someone can figure out his password.
  21. brotherswing

We were trying to find her numbers in her GMail acct on my laptop, so she could make the call from my phone. I don't think your phone contacts show in GMail. And you're right, there's a lot of "ifs" in there.
  22. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Took a quick screenie for ya (view from your pc, not your phone... image is huge). Every one of the contacts that I add for my cell phone, I add them on my PC from within my Gmail account (typing out all of the info is soooo much faster this way!). As long as synch is turned on within the cell phone, whatever I add in my contacts gets auto updated to my contacts on my OpV.
  23. melim

melim Disabled

And it works both ways, cause I add all mine on my phone and when I sync they show up in my gmail on my PC. If there's a way to add contacts to the phone without them being associated with the gmail acct, I haven't figured it out. :confused: (I hate that this conversation feels like I'm arguing with 2 of my favorite people, cause I don't mean it to be that way. :()
  24. rooter1

rooter1 Well-Known Member

When I add a new contact to my Optimus, as soon as I hit the create new contact button I get a pop up screen that says "Create contact under account" and shows my gmail address, or Phone-only, unsynced. Perhaps that's what you're looking for?
  25. melim

melim Disabled

I swear this might be the one post I write in this thread which conveys that I am indeed quite fluent in the English language. :eek::D

Thank you, but I should have said "haven't seen it" instead of "haven't figured it out" since I'm not actually looking for it. I don't get that option when I go to create a new contact (which is fine with me; I'm glad to have them sync so I don't lose them) and I'm going to guess it's because I'm not rooted and that option is part of your ROM? (That's usually the reason for everything that causes confusion like this. ;))