• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Forgot PIN number to lock screen... -_-

I swear this might be the one post I write in this thread which conveys that I am indeed quite fluent in the English language. :eek::D

Thank you, but I should have said "haven't seen it" instead of "haven't figured it out" since I'm not actually looking for it. I don't get that option when I go to create a new contact (which is fine with me; I'm glad to have them sync so I don't lose them) and I'm going to guess it's because I'm not rooted and that option is part of your ROM? (That's usually the reason for everything that causes confusion like this. ;))
:D:D
I believe you are most likely correct then. As I am rooted, running Backside 1/20 version. I quickly found out after purchasing an Android that it is never a good idea to have your Gmail setup to auto save anyone you email into your contacts....man, my phone book was a MESS for awhile, when I first synced my contacts lol.

I may be wrong, but I thought that on my orginal Intercept many moons ago that I had that option available before I rooted.

Upvote 0
Maybe I need to sacrifice more goats to the gods of Android, but my phone contacts (synced with my Google account) don't show up in GMail on the pc either.

Neither do mine and I've known a few people who couldn't get past the lock screen on non rooted optimus v phones and we called them and it got past the lock screen. So yes you are correct brotherswing.

Upvote 0
:D:D
I believe you are most likely correct then. As I am rooted, running Backside 1/20 version. I quickly found out after purchasing an Android that it is never a good idea to have your Gmail setup to auto save anyone you email into your contacts....man, my phone book was a MESS for awhile, when I first synced my contacts lol.

I may be wrong, but I thought that on my orginal Intercept many moons ago that I had that option available before I rooted.

OK, maybe I'm missing something then...I do have 2 gmail accts on the phone and when I add a new contact the popup asks me which one I want to add it to; maybe there's only room for 2 options? No, that's stupid...anyone else who isn't rooted want to weigh in on this?

Maybe I need to sacrifice more goats to the gods of Android, but my phone contacts (synced with my Google account) don't show up in GMail on the pc either.

No, don't go sacrificing poor innocent goats! :eek::)
TxGoat, maybe, though.:D

That does explain why we were talking past each other up there...

It begs the question though- if you guys are syncing contacts with your google accts but they're not showing up in your gmail contacts, where are they going? :thinking:

Upvote 0
And then trying to figure out why I have the magical power to sync contacts into gmail from my phone. :) Seriously, though, there's not a thing wrong with trying to figure out why things work for some people and not others. It can only help in the long run.

Nothing really to figure out. ;)

I believe this extra option is part of Gingerbread.

There's two types of contacts. Gmail contacts; these auto sync with your Gmail account online (there's Gmail on your phone and Gmail online, they sync), and phone only contacts (these do not sync with your Gmail account).

Upvote 0
True, but I hate rebuilding my contact list, so when I first got my phone I put ALL my contacts in the synced list. Contacts restore fine from the phone, but have never been visible on the pc. I haven't really spent a lot of time on this, I have too many other projects (and children) that demand my time, but I am following this because I would certainly benefit from it.

Upvote 0
What happens if you add a test contact via the PC browser method within your Gmail account, and then force a sync on the phone? Does the test contact then show up on your phone?

Mine was always done that way, but only because I had a Gmail account long before Android phones existed. Mine just auto synced up when I added my Gmail account to my first Android (Intercept). I remember thinking that it was the neatest thing since peanut butter rofl.

Upvote 0
Aw, don't feel dumb. It was just a matter of knowing where to look, and now you do, and all is well.

You want really dumb? Here's really dumb:
You know that Home Screen Tips droid widget thing that's on the screen when you turn your phone on for the first time? When it gets thru all the tips is says something like "If you're done with me you can drag me to the trash can." The night I got my V I sat there for 15 mins yelling "I don't have a trash can; why can't you tell me where the trash can is, dammit!!!" at that thing. :eek::D

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones