Forgot the numeric lock password >_<Support

1. llsithkain

llsithkain Member

Hey guys, this is really embarrassing.
    But I was just playing round with my phone, and I accidentally put a numeric lock on there,
    I cannot for the life of me remember when the code was, but it was using all the numbers, now, normally this'd be just a simple password reset; but there is no password reset button, I need my phone for work and if I can't use it, I'm in real trouble!

I also can't connect it via USB when it's locked to recover the data...

Is there anyway I can get around this?

Please help!!

-A very frustrated, embarrassed android user.

Advertisement
  2. scotty001

scotty001 Well-Known Member

if its a generic phone lock then you can enter the password in wrong too many times and it will ask you for you PUK code, Im sure your service provider can give you this code.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Unrooted handsets do not have CWM Recovery. :rolleyes:

OP: There's a guide here on ways to reset the GS2 other than through the Settings menu.
    llsithkain likes this.
  4. llsithkain

llsithkain Member

Hey, Slug. That'll erase ALL the data on the phone, though. =/ Is there no option that comes up after a certain amount of incorrect attempts that says forgot password? There's stuff on that phone I really need..
  5. llsithkain

llsithkain Member

I just tried to do that, went through alll the steps, and it still asked for a password!

Somebody please help!
  6. Slug

Let me clarify something first.... this isn't a SIM security lock, is it? You're talking about the "screen unlock" PIN set via Settings/Location & privacy?
  7. llsithkain

llsithkain Member

Yep, that's the one. I put the numeric one on, not the password or the maze styled one.

I'm thinking I might have to call Samsung, I see no way to get around this..

I suppose I can live without the data, there is recent versions on the work servers; but I really need to be contactable.
  8. Slug

Have you tried a few combos? I think I remember reading that, if the attempts are exhausted, it demands the primary Google account as authentication. I'll try to find confirmation.....
    llsithkain likes this.
  9. llsithkain

llsithkain Member

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks for helping me with this, I really appreciate it!
  10. Slug

According to this and several other sources, you get five attempts then a "Forgot password" button appears. Pressing that should give you a log-in dialogue for your Google username and password.

My fingers are crossed for you!
    llsithkain likes this.
  11. llsithkain

llsithkain Member

I just tried to get back into the reset menu, and it came up with a triangle, an exclamation mark, and the android robot.. can't seem to get back into it, now. Will keep trying.
  12. llsithkain

llsithkain Member

I got it!

After 5 tries it wiped the system.

Thank you SO much, now, to reset this phone, and get to work!

You've probably saved my life here, Slug. Many thanks.
  13. Slug

Power off the handset, remove the battery for five minutes, refit and restart. Now see if you can get the "Forgot password?" box to appear.
    llsithkain likes this.
  14. llsithkain

llsithkain Member

Got it, it's all working. Many thanks.
    Slug likes this.
  15. Slug

Nice one! :)
  16. llsithkain

llsithkain Member

And as an added bonus, everything except my contacts and apps was still there!
    Didn't lose 3 days worth of work,

Updated all the apps with one touch, and resynced my contacts from google..
    It's like it never happened :)