• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Forgot to Factory Reset

Ramseyfosho

Lurker
Feb 12, 2017
I recently damaged my phone. It was so badly damaged that I had to send it in and Asurion sent me a replacement. I could not factory reset my phone before sending it back because the screen no longer worked. I am paranoid about all the personal pics, videos, and information on the phone. Most of the info was protected in Private mode. Should I be nervous that a repairman at the insurance place might hack and then share embarrasing info pics/videos about me?

If you had previously enabled Android Device Manager you could have used that to reset without the screen working).

You shouldn't be too worried. The device will almost certainly be reset by the repairers, if "private mode" means anything then the technician won't be able to access most of it anyway, and of course if someone did that and was found out it would be grounds for immediate dismissal (which they have to know would be the case).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones