Forgot to Unroot Now What?

Last Updated:

1. golfhunter28

golfhunter28 Member This Topic's Starter

I changed all the apps back from bak to apk. I then moved bin to xbin and for some reason forgot to unroot. I then downloaded the 2.2 OTA and now phone is stuck on the M Logo. From my understanding I can't flash so now what to do? BTW I'm using the Terminal Emulator for rooting not ADB.

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Do you mean you moved the entire contents of /system/bin to /system/xbin or just moved su?

Did you actually get into recovery and did the OTA actually flash the whole way through without errors?

3. kapstone

kapstone Active Member

Did you try a simple battery pull? I freaked out because I had the same thing and was stuck at the M. I pulled the battery for 5 minutes and it just loaded. Try worthing - sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

4. golfhunter28

Yes all contents.
    The OTA went all the way through with no errors I even got a text from my wife while downloading the OTA. When I hit install after the download the Mlogo is the only thing that has came up.

5. golfhunter28

I tried pulling battery for 10 min. still nothing but the M!

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

If it just downloaded then went straight to the moto logo then it probably didnt install at all. If it installed you should have seen it go into the stock recovery and have a list of things it was doing while the install was taking place. I think you problems are from moving the entire contents of /system/bin to /system/xbin

You are only supposed to move the su binary.

Try booting into your bootloader and see what version number it is. To do this power on the phone while holding volume down and the camera button. Hopefully it says 30.01

7. golfhunter28

Ok it says 30.01 What now?

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

That is the bootloader from the froyo leak so it seems that the update did not install. If I am right and the update didnt install the 2.1 sbf will work. If I am wrong then flashing the 2.1 sbf will brick your phone. Its up to you (I take no responsibility if your phone ends up bricked) but all signs point the update not having installed at all and the problems being from from moving the entire contents of /system/bin

I suppose you could also try flashing the 2.2 /system sbf but wont help unless the update worked. I dont know what would happen if you did this and the update didnt work. It may help it may make things worse or it may leave you in the same spot.

9. golfhunter28

Decisions, decisions.....crap! What to do?

10. golfhunter28

I was runnning Koush's recovery and didn't remove it either so would that make a difference?

11. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

not really since you cant get into it

12. Dtatch

Dtatch Well-Known Member

You can flash the .sbf The only bootloader where you can't flash the 2.1 .sbf is 30.03.