• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forgoten PIN

Hi All

I bought my 5 year old daughters 2 generic tablets running Android Ver 4.0.4
Baseband 1.5
Model SoftwinerEvb

The problem is I needed to put a Pin on both of the to stop them from playing with each others tablets. However, as soon as I put the pin in I forgotten the PIN (Don't know how i could forget this so quick lol)

I heard that if you put the PIN in wrong too many times it will ask for the Google password but this does not seem happen.

Any advice would be appreciated

I just googled up something quickly, but this seems to have a lot of info: How to unlock an Android phone/tablet - PC Advisor

Unfortunately you will lose all data with these steps. Have you tried every pincode that you would normally use? Or did you just randomly put a pin?

Will try this, unfortunetly my daughter told me what pin she wanted and i just input the number but by the time i got a pen and paper i forgot it (lame)

Upvote 0
not looking good. these and tried recovery mode but when i get in to recovery mode all i get is the Android but no options...???

710594.aspx

:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones