Forgotten Pin on my Galaxy Note 3Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. mirez_luis

mirez_luis New Member

i forgot my pin to my galaxy note 3 i have failed many attempts up to 90 times but it wont ask me for my gmail account it just keeps asking for the pin does anyone know how i can make it ask for my gmail account ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

3. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Open a browser on your PC/notebook and log into your Google account and access your dashboard in the account settings. You should see under Android, manage devices. Click on that and locate your device. You should have the option to reset password there.

Never tried it, so not sure how this works. I assume it will require location services and GPS running.
  4. 44fred

44fred Well-Known Member

First post!
    Stolen phone????
    Go back to where you bought your N3, I'm sure they will help you.
    ovrrdrive likes this.
  5. Sonnydigs

Sonnydigs Well-Known Member

Does seem strange that you forgot your pin number and have tried some 90 times.. There are only a few different pin numbers i use, cant imagine forgetting a pin #... You do have to admit being a first time poster it looks a little suspicious.. Also the fact that you haven't posted again..
    If all that is true then simply do as mentioned above and take it back to your provider.. They will sort it out quick enough.. Are call the cops..
  6. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

Yeah that is suspicious.
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

Funny this post came up as I did this just the other day. I had my Pin Temp set to 0000 until I got familiar with the phone. I tried changing it to another four digit number, did so and entered it twice but I must have been dyslexic because I couldn't figure it out. I panicked like crazy for about 5 minutes.

I finally thought about it and tried about 5 different combos of those numbers and figured out that I mixed up the last two digits. Got lucky.

I don't read posts like this as suspicious as if someone stole the phone, chances are they won't spend time trying to hack the code but would rather replace the sym and reset it completely. Perhaps some would take the time in order to secure data but most crack heads wouldn't.

Will read up on what to do now....
  9. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I've seen posts like this before and usually once someone calls them out they never post on the forum again. Good call.
  10. FBA

FBA Active Member

That also happens because of threads like this, where they are outright accused and they're not willing to endure bullshit you people toss at them

It sometimes happens that a 1st time poster IS A 1st TIME POSTER because they don't frequent boards and they really do need help.

Ever think that the OP could be having the issue they describe because they just plain forgot the PIN and they haven't purchased a stolen phone?
  11. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

At which point they usually come back and say they didn't steal it and really need the help, and usually get what they're looking for. The thief usually just wants to distance himself from people that have an idea what he did. If he's legit all he has to do is come back and say he didn't steal it and needs help.
  12. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

The op came here with a password problem.
    Several options were offered.
    We need not jump to any conclusions as to why they are in the situation, we need to help them the best we can.
    They came here for help. :)
    They didn't come here to be called out or accused of anything.
    Any accusations or posted assumptions end here k?
    Thanks. ;)
    KOLIO, scary alien, dustwun77 and 3 others like this.
  13. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

This thread has clearly run its course.

p.m. me if you have any questions, thank you.

/thread closed
    NeoGrandizer, 44fred, KOLIO and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.