Forgotten saved password!Support

Last Updated:

1. j0e

j0e Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I have an old Twitter account and the login credentials are saved on my Droid. Problem is I forgot the password so I can't login from other computers. Is there a particular place in the phone's storage where saved passwords are kept?

Thanks a ton!

Advertisement
  2. j0e

Anyone?

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Ummm, use the forgot password feature from any web browser.

Not to be obtuse, but I only have your word that you're trying to access your account. For all I know you may be trying to hack someone else's account on a DROID that you found / acquired.

Therefore, since it is your old account, use the forgotten password feature build into Twitter.

4. j0e

I purchased my Droid day one, thank you though... And I already tried the "lost password" feature :/

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I am not calling you a liar - I am just saying that I have no way to verify that what you are saying it true. It would be remiss to provide ways to bypass password storage mechanism in the DROID like this - b/c then someone who does acquire a DROID could hack someone else's passwords.

If you tried the lost password feature it should have sen it to your email account that you registered with. You should be good to go.

6. j0e

I understand where you are coming from. I also figured out how/where the files are stored with saved password data; however, you need Root, and I have OTA 2.1. Rooting my phone would erase all of the data unfortunately, so I guess it's starting anew for me.