format sd card/ lose root?

Last Updated:

1. KaveMahn

KaveMahn Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am thinking about formating my sd card to start fresh. When I do this will I lose root? Thanks in advance and I apologize if this has already been asked.

Advertisement
  2. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

I had to do that last night and did not loose root. I screwed up things royally and had to reboot to an older recovery date. Once I was back up and running I formated the card and it seemed OK. You will lose any data you have on there though so I moved photos, apps etc off the card first. PLEASE don't take my word alone though, I am not that experienced with this stuff but I was at a point of no return last night (actually trying to figure out when I would have time to go get a D2 today :) ) but alas my droid is up and running better than ever.

KaveMahn likes this.
  3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

"formating my sd card to start fresh" - what does that mean? what are you expecting to achieve?

KaveMahn likes this.
  4. KaveMahn

KaveMahn Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am just wanting to get rid of the mess on my card. I have a lot of files but have no idea what they go to. So I figured formating my card and starting over would be best.

5. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

Its only a mess if you look at it .... lol (only kidding)

I have been rooted and loading roms all year my card is a fricken mess with all these back ups and data files .... about 8 gigs I think ... But I just keep rolling on and have had no probs yet. I figure I will have to deal with it someday when I need more space but for now .... I dont look at it :)

you dont want to delete something unless you know what it is .... its the "golden rule"

KaveMahn likes this.