Format SD card?Support

Last Updated:

1. Leodoc

Leodoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Soooooo.....

I've been using the same SD card since day one. I just installed Dolphin Browser's "Bookmarks to SD" add-on and minutes later the phone starting telling me my SD card was corrupt and needed to be reformatted.

I have restarted the phone twice and pulled the card out/put it back in. No luck, still getting same message. Am I screwed? Is there any way around this?

Advertisement
  2. Leodoc

Leodoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wanted to post this as a response to myself...JUST FOUND A FIX!

So I connected my phone to my laptop and while I couldn't access the SD card from the phone, my laptop STILL recognized the drive and mounted it as usual. I had access to all my files.

What I did next was to right-click the drive in windows explorer (also would work in My computer) and hit properties. I then went under the "Tools" Tab and ran a disk check. Windows said it found an error and had fixed it. I then ejected the hardware using the safe-removal tool and BAM! my SD card was great as far as my phone was concerned!

Hope this may help someone in the future.

3. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

Will it let you plug the phone in to your computer and mount? If so, you might can try running a disk check on the SD card, which might identify and fix the corruption.

4. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

Ha! Good work!