formatting my SD card - will I have to purchase apps again?

Last Updated:

1. omidb1

omidb1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

My HTC hero says my SD card is damaged and that I should format it. If I lost the apps which I paid for will it mean that I'll have to buy them again? How can I get them back?

My main concenr is co-pilot live because it cost quite a bit.

Advertisement
  2. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

The Market keeps track of all the stuff you bought (linked to your gmail account). You can go back to the downloads section (where it lists all the stuff you installed) and re-install them at any time.

Not sure if co-pilot is in the market, as a lot of the pricier apps aren't, but they probably have a mechanism in place for re-installs as well.

omidb1 likes this.
  3. Baggieboy

Baggieboy Member

CoPilot is in the market. I've had to reinstall apps after upgrading to MCR and had no problems with market purchaed apps.

4. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't even have to reinstall most applications because they are not stored on the SD card anyway. but if you can't recover the data on the card you will probably loose any user data, saved game positions, favourite RSS feeds MP3's etc.

If your PC will recognise the card then you should copy off what you can and put it back on the card when you have formatted it. User data is usually stored in a folder under the name of the application that created it so it is easy to recognise.