Formatting phone storage after root

Last Updated:

1. Czwakiel

Czwakiel Active Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my Incredible a few days ago for the first time and installed Cyanogen mod. Everything is going well, but I do have one question.

When I connect my phone to my pc, my sd card comes up but phone storage doesn't. When I click on the phone storage, it asks me to format the drive to be able to use it. If I do format, what will happen? How can I fix this?

Advertisement
  2. ynnufderf

ynnufderf Member

I would try turning of debugging first and see if it come up then, if that doesn't work I would pull the micro sd and use a card reader and see what you get then. If you format your sd you'll lose all of your data on the card.

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

If you format your internal phone storage, you'll have a long and winding road to recovery.

4. Czwakiel

Turning off USB debugging didn't work. I'm going to restore my first nandroid back up and see if I can get access to phone storage through that.

5. Czwakiel

Yeah, Cyanogen 6 was causing the problem. I the backup I made right after root and I can access both my SD card and internal phone storage without a problem.