Former BB Storm to Droid question

Last Updated:

1. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I absolutely LOVE the new Droid, but have one question....

Since there isn't any software included with the phone, how do you back it up? With the Blackberry Manager software you could backup your contacts, e-mail messages...even third party applications.

Is there an application that allows this? :)

Thanks
    Shayne

Advertisement
  2. WarlockLord

WarlockLord Member

When you sign up for gmail, all your contacts, calendar entries, and of course emails are automatically backed up to the gmail service

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

good question...i'm customizing the crap out of this thing and if something were to happen to it i would like to get another one and be able to get right back to where i'm at now without putting hours into it.

4. WarlockLord

WarlockLord Member

That's called a nandroid backup.... at least thats what it was called on older devices. You won't be able to do one until the phone has been rooted and someone comes up with a custom recovery image. Shouldn't be too long though with the hype behind this phone.

5. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

Not sure how much it does but go into settings > privacy > back up my settings. Then check that.

I'm new to Android too but it seems like a promising thing to turn on for what you're wanting.