Former Blackberry guy

Last Updated:

1. moilman

moilman New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 4, 2010
    I LOVED my Blackberry though I was a little jealous of my friend's iphones and androids. I had to be able to know the evo to teach it to my partner. I HATED it for the first three weeks...then; I downloaded vlingo, and that made me fall in love. Now I dictate my emails and texts, and now I just say "Call home" and it recognizes my New York accent and tiles my home without a hitch. The problems that I have with the phone are the battery life (which, by plugging in to the car charger, and the office computer, and the regular charger almost works out). The other problem is the flash which is too bright. I am actually on this site now to hopefully find a remedy to that. I know that there is now an extended battery, but that makes thsi phone a bit too bulky for my likeing.

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Jul 9, 2010

What brand/model Android device do you have?

To help conserve battery life try removing widgets you don't regularly use from any of the phones home screens. You can also go into settings and adjust the battery profile to a more restrictive one. Thirdly dim the screens brightness to the lowest comfortable level. These may not completely resolve your problem but they should help somewhat.