Former Hero Users: Miss the trackball?

Last Updated:

1. dmcduck

dmcduck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I didn't think I'd miss the trackball, because it frequently got in the way. However, it seems that there was one function that it served that I unwittingly became dependent on. In the dialer app, rolling the trackball up/down would scroll through your call log (or through the list generated by smart dial). Rolling it right/left would scroll through the numbers associated with the selected contact.

So, now I'm on the Evo, and so far, I don't know how to do those things without the track ball. Anybody got a clue? Anyone else miss this?

Advertisement
  2. suedinaz

suedinaz Active Member

Nah, I don't miss it at all. I never once used it on the Hero. The way I see it is it's one less thing to worry about breaking or keeping clean.

3. dmcduck

dmcduck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't miss the trackball itself, only that piece of functionality. I wish I could find a way to mimic it.

4. lopezpm

lopezpm Well-Known Member

Not at all. The only time I used it was for when I was in the custom recovery of my rooted Hero.

5. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I used to miss it as it was the only way I could scroll using the Huffington Post app without it scrolling the story left or right.

But I added Huffington Post to my world news so no longer miss the trackball.

6. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Nope!

7. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Not at all.

8. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

I dont know about the hero, but I had a trackball on my Blackberrys and I hate them. I replaced so many, cleaned it all the time, and it always ended up gunky. It was a major point of the blackberrys I really disliked.
    Blackberrys now use an optical touch pad, which could work in EVO, but I just see anywhere they could put it without sacrificing screen real estate.

9. beezy

beezy Active Member

At that point it would have just been the incredible

10. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

I dont' miss the trackball of my eris/hero but i do miss the functionality like someone said before...

I actual wish we had the optical trackpad like the Droid incredible or even HTC new phone the aria.

I hate the arrow keys on the phone. it confuses the hell out of me but im getting used to it...slowly

11. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

The little eye trackpad would have been nice but not if it meant the phone would have had a larger bezel than it currently does.

12. ajbrickyard

ajbrickyard Well-Known Member

Naw