• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Former iPhone user switching to Verizon (funny story)

Same here. With cellular one, comcast/cellular one, cingular, art since 1998. I loved my 2g iphone that i bought when te price went to 399 for an 8g and used it till last week with no complaints. That's primarily because i live in an area that has really good reception for art. Just joined the dark side and i absolutely LOVE my droid x!!!!

Only issue i have is sending picture messages while wifi is connected, i get a" National Access Coverage Area....." message. If i can solve that i'll. Be ecstatic!!!

Upvote 0
So here's my crazy story.....

The wife and I have both been on AT&T for 12 years. I've had the 3G and 3GS and she has a P.O.S. Samsung Epix WinMo phone. She actually ordered an iPhone 4 but we were both unhappy with the Apple press conference and said screw it and returned it. The people at AT&T couldn't believe we were returning it. They asked why and my wife pretty much told them it's because Steve Jobs is a douche. She wouldn't even look at the Samsung Captivate on AT&T because she loathes Samsung phones now.

So we went to Verizon and both fell in love with the Droid X. We went in to sign up tonight and ran into a little issue. Apparently some putz named Ernesto had used my wife's social security number some years ago to sign up for Verizon and then didn't pay his bill. So we had to go through this drawn out process dealing with Verizon's fraud department and prove that my wife is who she says she is. We're pretty laid back so we weren't stressing. The Verizon store rep was so apologetic and cool. We eventually got it straightened out.

We got the phones for $199.99 each with no mail in rebate, no activation fees, free overnight shipping (when they are in stock :( ), and they paid the $120 ETF for my 3GS (coming to Craigslist soon). Pretty happy so far and looking forward to my Droid X!

I just got bored with the iPhone. Not much of a difference to me between the 3GS and the 4. Good phone, just not for me anymore. Can't wait to dive into Android!

Welcome to Android and the Droid X! Your gonna love it!

Upvote 0
Congrats to those of you who are enjoying your new Droid X. I'm originally Verizon, then when the iPhone 4 came out I made the switch to AT&T. I LOVED the iPhone 4... Then AT&T decided to screw me over and not give me my monthly discount I get thru my employer, because I chose the "Unlimited Voice" plan and that one isn't eligible for the discount... Although they told me I'd be getting the discount when I first signed up with AT&T. (It was supposed to be 24% discount, so it would be about a $28 dollar difference on my bill.. Which to me is a big difference). Sooo thanks to AT&T I'm now on Verizon again. I gotta admit, I'm not loving the Droid X as much as I thought it would... But it's supposedly the best Android phone right now on Verizon so guess it's what I'll stick to lol. I just feel that it lags, the iPhone 4 had a better screen, and the camera lags too much to take a pic :-/ Hopefully those things will improve with Froyo (minus the screen lol).

Upvote 0
Then AT&T decided to screw me over and not give me my monthly discount I get thru my employer, because I chose the "Unlimited Voice" plan and that one isn't eligible for the discount...

When I was with ATT, I went through the same "scam" with an eligible plan. I actually had 3 lines with them, all eligible for the corp discount. I signed up exactly how they stated.

Long story short, and tons of phone calls later, I finally get the discount after 9 months. It only started in that current month.

Upvote 0

The wife and I have both been on AT&T for 12 years. I've had the 3G and 3GS and she has a P.O.S. Samsung Epix WinMo phone. She actually ordered an iPhone 4 but we were both unhappy with the Apple press conference and said screw it and returned it. The people at AT&T couldn't believe we were returning it. They asked why and my wife pretty much told them it's because Steve Jobs is a douche. She wouldn't even look at the Samsung Captivate on AT&T because she loathes Samsung phones now.

So we went to Verizon and both fell in love with the Droid X. We went in to sign up tonight and ran into a little issue. Apparently some putz named Ernesto had used my wife's social security number some years ago to sign up for Verizon and then didn't pay his bill. So we had to go through this drawn out process dealing with Verizon's fraud department and prove that my wife is who she says she is. We're pretty laid back so we weren't stressing. The Verizon store rep was so apologetic and cool. We eventually got it straightened out.

We got the phones for $199.99 each with no mail in rebate, no activation fees, free overnight shipping (when they are in stock :( ), and they paid the $120 ETF for my 3GS (coming to Craigslist soon). Pretty happy so far and looking forward to my Droid X!

I just got bored with the iPhone. Not much of a difference to me between the 3GS and the 4. Good phone, just not for me anymore. Can't wait to dive into Android!

Hey I have been with them for years and they didn't do that for me! Wait I didn't have an I (don't work in my area) phone. I personally dislike AT&T very much and Verizon has always bent over backwards for me and my family. I have 5 phones on my account and whenever I have had an issue they have always solved it in a professional and friendly manner. More than I can say for AT&T. I have the X, Incredible and my wife has the Ally cause she likes a physically keyboard. Welcome and hope you enjoy your new Xs. I sure do.

Upvote 0
I did a Speedtest on my 3GS and then one on my X. The download speed was 1522 kbps to 1885 kbps in favor of the X. Nice!

On top of the great deal he also let us keep the rebate forms that came in the box with the phones (it says rebate eligible on our receipt). So in the end I have my $120 ETF being taken care of, and the phones will only cost us $100 each. My wife gets a 22% discount on the bill, no activation fees, and 25% of accessories through her employer discount. VERY happy with Verizon. My sales rep apologized like five times about the dead pixel. I told him it's no big deal. AT&T begged us to stay and started offering discounts and blah, blah, blah. I told them they have no phones that I'm interested in so that's that. Don't want an iPhone and I wasn't blown away with the Captivate.

So in the end we are both very happy and we will be staying with Android for the foreseeable future. Good times!

Upvote 0
Interesting story. I suggest you take a look at yours and your wife's credit report to see if anything else like that has gone on. I also have a pixel issue on my X. I have two blue pixels in camera mode when in low-light or just block the camera entirely so it gets no light at all. When I zoom in the "pixels" get larger. It works in camera and camcorder mode and the blue dots WILL show up in recorded images and video. I'm on the latest update and have done hard reboots since discovering the issue and the dots are still there. The blue dots do not show up if I use another camera app like camera360 which was suggested on another thread. Is yours the same problem?

Upvote 0
Thanks. We did go to annualcreditreport.com and it was all clear. I think someone transposed a number.

As far as the pixel goes it's one pixel stuck on blue on the homescreen. It's in the lower right corner and only shows up when that part of the screen is black. It hasn't showed up on the camera or the camcorder.

One of my friends who has been all Apple since 97' asked me for my impression of the DX. He said he knows the iPhone isn't the best phone out there anymore and he's been real interested in the DX. When I get back to Michigan he wants to come check it out. :cool:

Upvote 0
You're pretty laid back but you told a perfect stranger that Steve Jobs is a douche. Right...
Because Verizon, Motorola, and Google only have your best interests in mind. You can trust them. They've never pissed anyone off.

I have an iPhone 4 and a Droid X. The iPhone 4 walks all over any Android phone in UI, screen quality, battery life especially, multi-touch, screen responsiveness, and syncing of multiple content items such as music, mail,and calendar, podcasts, video, books, etc. Anyone who says the iPhone 4 is stale doesn't know what they are talking about. The antenna issues doesn't bother anyone I know and if it does then buy a minimal case for $20 or get one from Apple for free.

Upvote 0
^^^
Stale is a good word to describe the ability to customize the UI on the iPhone.
You can add your own sms notification sounds right?
There is nothing hard about mounting an android phone to a computer, (its just like connecting an external hardrive)
OR...
If you want something like itunes to sync all your media to the X, there is doubletwist for android.

You just threw blood in great white shark infested waters...
Please stay constructive here on the forums.

Congrats to Ninja Monkey & wife on the move to the Superior network and O.S.

Upvote 0
Troll much? Well your name is Snookie and she looks like a troll.

I have many friends that live, eat and breathe Apple. They work on Macs all day long, own everything that starts with an "i" and some of them even have Apple TV. One of my friends has even made an app for the iPhone. Most of them have told me that they agree that iOS is getting stale. Perhaps you are the one that doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm glad the antennae design flaw hasn't been a problem for you but I know plenty of people it has been a problem for. Not to mention the proximity sensor problem which there still isn't a fix for. If you want to spend $200 on a flawed device then good for you.

I own a MacBook Pro i5 and love it. I've had a Mac Mini, iPod, and an iPhone. I like Apple, I just don't think the iPhone is the best smartphone anymore. I'm not the only one who likes Apple but thinks the iPhone is getting boring. Look around the interwebs troll.

You don't know me at all so how would know what I would say? If you actually read my post you will see it's my wife that said Jobs is a douche. Take your 9 posts and go back to Mac Rumors where you and your fanboy friends can service Steve Jobs.

Have a nice day.....and go piss on someone else's post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones