former webos fb?

Last Updated:

1. tigercranestyle

tigercranestyle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

not sure if i qualify as a former webos fb or not.

i had the original palm pre, took the comm board out of an at&t pre plus, and rooted/patched/overclocked (to 1.2)/homebrewed the device beyond belief. i know it was just a phone, but it fit my lifestyle perfectly. i would always carry that sucker around in my hand daily.

well... fast forward to this past friday. dropped it and it would barely make calls and no data connection at all. doctored it and meta-doctored it... amongst other things throughout the weekend (being out of touch for a few days is bloody awful). modem failure. :(

i was po'ed that sprint decided not to carry the pre 2.
    i couldn't bring myself to burn an upgrade on another regular sprint palm pre, so..... I GOT AN EVO. :) it still feels awkward going from a small pebble device to this huge monstosity after putting it up to my face to make a call, but i was uber surprised to see how easily it fit into my pocket. a day and a half later sitting here typing this, there's no wonder this phone is considered the smartphone of the year by a lot of folks. how in the heck did i become so immersed in webos?

webos is beautiful and i still believe it multitasks like no other. it was kinda cool to be a part of a small community and have the webos internals/homebrew team at arms-length. it felt like an exclusive club to go against the ios and android grain. i'm just not sure it will succeed with with the the developer support it currently has or how much moolah hp throws palm's way.

anyhow, like i said... not sure if i'm a "former fb" of webos if rumors of a new sprint device @ ces are accurate, but i'm not sure the os going to 2.0 will be be enough... even on a killer hardware.

i guess it's a wait and see approach. right now, i can't picture going back to webos. the evo is indeed killer and i look forward to seeing how easily rootable/patchable/overlockable/homebrewable (not sure if any of those are words) this device is. glad to be here. :)

Advertisement
  2. ExSaint

ExSaint Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forums!!! You came to the right place. Yes Evo is a beast!! Very easy to root and great benefits doing so. Check out the Evo forums we have here. We have great tutorials on rooting and loading various roms. See ya around.

tigercranestyle likes this.
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Warmest welcome to Android Forums! Pm me if you need help getting around! :)

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Hello and Welcome to Android Forums!!