forms of payment on the android market

Last Updated:

1. hellcatt

hellcatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so is google checkout the only way to pay for apps? i found 4 threads about paypal for the market that all end 4 or more months ago.

so the questions are: can you pay in the market using paypal?
    will google ever implement a system like itunes (i HATE itunes except for this) where you can get a $10-100 card and redeem it in the market?

i dont use my credit/debit cards online. ive always used visa/MC re loadable cards for anything online and have never had a problem. this same card ive been using for whatever reason isnt processing thru google checkout.

so what are the payment options?

Advertisement
  2. bobadopalis

bobadopalis Well-Known Member

id like to know as well, that would be awsome, because ive had a few random 'oversea" charges from my bank, if we could use paypal, problem sorted

3. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

I have been unable to purchase some apps because my bank won't approve the charge because it is from overseas. I was able to call them on the phone to get it approved when I purchased Beautiful Widgets but it was a royal pain in the rear. They lectured me about how they weren't responsible if it was fraudulent, etc, etc.

I ran into it again today trying to purchase Root Explorer.

4. hellcatt

yea im not real thrilled with the way the market works

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I got my cousin one of the $50 throw away visa gift cards for her market. It worked just fine with the market. It came from walmart.

I travel for work so I have the location holds taken off my account. I do get the stupid $0.11 overseas transaction fee crap though when I buy something.

6. hellcatt

so what makes a walmart card so much better? ive been using this same pre loaded visa card for 2 years now and it doesnt expire for another year. so far it seems that any foreign apps are the ones with the issue