forum a little buggy lately?

1. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

if i try to reply to certain threads or quote, it keeps prompting me to log in, but when i do i just brings up the empty login page again. If I click the "android forums" link to go to the forum homepage it says I'm logged in. So then i go back into the thread and hit reply and it once again prompts me. So basically it NEVER lets me reply to these certain threads.
    Also I have to manually refresh each page? even if go to another website and come back it will still show the threads from before until i hit refresh. Same for posts within threads.

anybody else experiencing these problems? I'm on my work computer but I've never had problems with the site on it before.

-tom

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Clear your cookies form the forum then start over and see if that helps.
  3. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

i think it may have been the browser after all, just got home and my laptop is running the site just fine!
  4. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

I'm on a mac and it all worked fine yesterday but now i'm getting the same thing with both chrome and safari, I've cleared the cashe and cookies but it still keeps doing it!
  5. terryzx

terryzx Well-Known Member

I have this same problem AFTER clearing cookies and history and emptying the cache

See attachment image below.

Attached Files:

6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Oh man...site has been down all morning. I was not able to even access AF from 8am to 1pm on my computer :( Did anyone have this issue as well?
  7. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Everyone did... we're tryin to clean it up now. Sorry....... :(
  8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Yeah...hopefully this issue gets fix :(

Since you replied, Phases, I'll just ask here...maybe you can answer my question.

I thought that since AF got its own Web Server and DB server it shouldn't have these kind of hiccups that causes it to crash. Am I missing something? :confused:

Would this be the reason why everything was down?
    Rob's source: http://androidforums.com/site-updates-announcements/67117-site-faster-round-1-a-2.html#post868033
  9. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Roze,
    Honestly I don't have enough details to answer that question publicly with full authority in what I say.

I will try to get the answers posted here.
  10. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

I'm neck deep with stuff but short story is that both nameservers "lived" on the phandroid web server, so when that server became corrupt, all the sites went down since the nameservers were down.

The nameservers SHOULD have been on different servers, but hey, a LOT of things should have been done. For now, that's all i can really explain. I've got to get back to fixing stuff.
    Trident, applejosh, johnlgalt and 5 others like this.