1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

FORUM Format Change ???

Do you like the Change ?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2009.
  1. NO -- Go Back to previous Layout

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. YES -- Keep the New

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Why the change in the forum format with the left-side frame that contained the latest post .... most convient ... now NOT Convient at all to see latest posts. :((

Advertisement
    :
  2. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

I prefer the new and normally just click the new posts button at the top anyway and never used the ones at the side
  3. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I have posted many times in the forum section that increasing the prominence and way the new posts are promoted would be best for the site. So I agree this is bad move.

Why was this move done?
  4. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

Definitely prefer the old layout.
  5. dkaufman1

One other thing, not just new posts but actually most recently commented.

I have found that forums that promote the newest activity offer new visitors access to the "old guard's" most popular posts.

For example there's a great AF thread on photos taken with the G1 and another on battery life and still another on a silver screen protector. These all are more undercurrents with really only existing posters posting new content.

It is self-perpetuating to make threads increase readers to alert people with new thread activity for posts they don't follow.
  6. justjimjpc

I think it might be because of the site working on an Apps DB and therefore Frames was turned off .... hopefully the Frames will return when the AppsDB is ready ... the OLD apps where in the right frame ....
  7. dkaufman1

Yay! I miss AF....
  8. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

The entire site is being redesigned. The lack of a sidebar is temporary. Please be patient as we work to make some pretty sweeping changes to the forum.

Once the new design is implemented, we'll make a new thread for comments/suggestions. But, the lack of a sidebar is only temporary. FEAR NOT!
  9. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

^^^What he said.
  10. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

set it up like androidcommunity.com. they have the best set up. new and recently commented posts are at the top. this new way is a definite no no.
  11. dkaufman1

I like bringing the new and recent to the forefront. Excited to see the changes.
  12. Rob

Hearing that name makes me want to stab myself in the face with a #2 pencil. Thanks for the idea though. :D
  13. dkaufman1

Rob -- really? I am surprised to hear you think that. Certainly you trying to craft a community and want it different than theirs. I would think that looking at how various Andriod and non-Android communities work would be great for the growth of this forum.

On a sidekick forum I use to visit they finally made a sidekick browser friendly version after years of people asking. I was such a small change but increased the userbase. With the Market it would be great to see a AF application...which I am sure you have thought of many times since you have the Phandroid one.

(full disclaimer, I have never even opened an account there.)
  14. Rob

Lets just say some of the "people" there have been less than kind to me. Similar sentiments have been shared with me by other Android website owners that I'm friendly with and talk to daily. There is a story, but I'd rather take the high road and just say I don't care for those folks too much hehe.
  15. SecretAsianMan

lol, i hate the mods over at AC. they banned me after i proved one of them wrong and made him look like an idiot. i think his name was refused177 or something like that. what a D-bag.
  16. TateWatkins

TateWatkins Well-Known Member

I love the new layout, nice work.
  17. SecretAsianMan

freaking awesome new layout!!! i love it. now all we gotta do is steal all the members from AC!
  18. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

I really like the new layout, it is easier on the eyes and simpler to navigate.

Just need to stop Asian man's long logo making his posts wider than anyone elses.
  19. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Once things are finalized we'll end up putting width restrictions on images to keep the breakage from happening - sorry sam!
  20. justjimjpc

I am sure that it will break his heart to have to re-size his images ... sorta the "red corvette syndrome" :D
  21. dkaufman1

Looking much better. Anyone check on their g1 yet?

On the activity box at the top, there are 2 columns of "hottest posts" should that be one of hottest and one of newest?

Finally, is hottest a formulaic measurement instead of just 'most' posts?

I would love to "hot" as something like threads with the most activity in the past XX hours. (activity could be views or replies.)
  22. Phases

Thanks guys, keep the feedback comin'.
  23. Droideo

Droideo Active Member

Great New Layout, well done Guys!
  24. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

Um maybe it's not finished yet but I see no way of getting to the Groups we had set up?
  25. Phases

Correct, some stuff needs to be rebuilt. In the meantime, you can still reach groups by clicking here...

http://www.androidforums.com/group.php