1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Forum Gamers Lounge

1. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Marc is right, you don't need much free RAM for android. It is quite different than Windows.
  2. The phandroid app on my phone
  3. Well I had 24 MD of ram left so that is very bad because some apps wont work
  4. agentc13

Wrong. It will close out apps when it needs the space to run more. It doesn't go by the number of apps. Get rid of that task killer it doesn't help anything.
  5. But I had 24 MB left Ans it was really slow a 400 CPU is better than that and even a 100 CPU well my school has a 64 CPU but.it is slow running windows 7 but they lock everything down so you get the windows 95 look
  6. agentc13

It being slow is probably your processor. I will link you a post here in a sec as to how the OS handles the RAM. It ISN'T like Windows.
  7. agentc13

There, read that. Trust me the task killer isn't helping anything, quite the opposite. I even Bolded some stuff for you.
    Metroid Prime likes this.
  8. Ohh yeah said about windows but my phone has a 800 MHz CPU And 600 MHz CPU is fast a little bit but 800 MHz is average but going too get the LG connect for metro in like 2 years matters what price :D and that has a 1.2 ghz CPU
  9. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Plus, task killer aren't good for the phone either. They run constantly trying to kill tasks that keep re-opening and it uses more juice trying to keep those apps closed then it does without it. Android is smart and will take care of itself.
  10. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

In 2 years a lot can change... By then the normal will be like 16 core phones lol
  11. But I use the task killer once in a while but I make it kill It self
  12. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

OMG I am so tempted to steal this one
    [​IMG]

[avoids task killer discussion and thinks of both phandroid apps installed on his gnex]
    BabyBlues likes this.
  13. we are getting a quad core phone a dual core is fast for me and the phone is dual core
  14. Metroid Prime

Just get rid of the task killer man. There's no need for it buddy.:)
  15. OK you swicth your avatar to much yeahha
  16. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I like that one
    Yeahha likes this.
  17. agentc13

I might actually get rid of the Dalek for this
    [​IMG]
    But I think I saw a couple similar dalek ones which would fit my strategy better.
    EarlyMon and Metroid Prime like this.
  18. marc12868

Yea. I have a dual core and it's plenty fast. But at the rate we are moving in 2 years phones are gonna be more powerful than computers... they already have a ubuntu desktop os more mobile phones now...
  19. Computers are never going too be faster than phones ahem i7 in a few years i99
  20. marc12868

Probably not Intel will just move to the 3rd generation and start over at the i3, i5, and i7... Lol. But Computers probably will always be faster but still phones are getting there... If only they had swappable ram and cpus...
  21. Metroid Prime

There neck and neck.
  22. Metroid Prime

There kinda on even ground...Maybe not.