• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forum Images Stretch Layout

DaedalusxX

Dec 21, 2010
College in CT, From NY
Hey AF mods,

I've been coming to these forums since I've purchased my android a couple of months ago but I've only recently decided to join. I do web design in my free time and I've also mod'ed a forum in the past, so you can imagine that this issue would tear at me a little when I see it.

Issue
An issue that I've noticed is that when users post images that have a larger width than the forum layout, the posting area is stretched passed the forum layout.

Solution
I went ahead and did some research for you guys just in case you decide to fix the issue. I know you guys are using vBulletin for the forum build so I went to their forums to search for a fix. vBulletin 4 versions have many image mods but since this is v3 then I found only 3. Explanation and link followed:

The one linked below works for the vBulletin 3.8.x. Seems that all it does once installed is that it allows you to edit the maxwidth method in the css.
Link: Quick Auto Image-Resize (Posts & Signature) - vBulletin.org Forum

This one seems to do the same thing essentially
Link: Best and Fast image resize vbulletin light box supported - vBulletin.org Forum

This one does the same with css but adds that images show onMouseOver

Link: BBcode Image Resizer with CSS - vBulletin.org Forum

Not sure if you guys have thought of this or tested these mini-mod and they didn't work too well but hopefully it works or you find another mod for the forums.

Best of Luck,
DaedalusxX

Reactions: Frisco
How's that..
Lets see...

Woohoo it worked!!! :D I like the little yellow alert thingy. One annoying AF issue down...many more to go! ;)

1783u5%20-%20US%20Map%20at%20time%20of%20Treaty%20with%20Britain.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones