• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forum name links to someone elses

It's a bug with the way the either the URL renaming plugin, or vb system in general, works with the hyphen in your name. We've seen this before. There are several special characters that do it. Is there something suitable you'd like it changed to? I don't see that being a bug that gets fixed in the near future.

Hm, well. Lemme see if we can get siradrian to look into it before I say that.. In the meantime, if there IS a username you'd like to change to..

Upvote 0
It's a bug with the way the URL renaming plugin works with the hyphen in your name. We've seen this before. Is there something suitable you'd like it changed to? I don't see that being a bug that gets fixed in the near future.

Hm, well. Lemme see if we can get siradrian to look into it before I say that.. In the meantime, if there IS a username you'd like to change to..

The underscore or tilde do the same things?

Upvote 0
I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were related.

We're going to ask siradrian to look at tonight. Don't know what he'll say or if he'll fix it so.. you're (both) welcome to wait until I can give you a response on that, or you can choose a different username. Understand completely if you don't want to, but the option is there.

Underscores - as I said above for the OP - don't seem to be problematic. I can test stuff no problem so if you have ideas of what you wouldn't mind let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones