forum or family

1. SirSpace

SirSpace Well-Known Member

So I may not know you guys but I feel like I can come here and just vent if need be. To me this is not a forum but a new family I now have so the question is. Is this just a forum for useful information or does it mean more to to you

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Judging by the amount of time I spend in the Lounge vs. the rest of the site (apparently, talking about Android something or other :confused:), I'd say it's more like an extended family. Lots of great folks in here to help/support you be it Android related or real life. :)
    argedion and SirSpace like this.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yep, gotta agree with Dread on this one, it's like an extended family, except we don't get sick of each other after spending too much time together! ;)
    argedion likes this.
  4. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

I wpould say its an extended family and a forum
    argedion likes this.
  5. SirSpace

Lol I know the feeling but I also feel like ppl can come here say what's on there mind and not be judged to me this is a family I get to escape to when my real family gets to me. In reality its just a place I can come to with questions about android or not and someone will listen and reply so really just like to say thanks to all for just being there
    argedion and lunatic59 like this.
  6. Liamo_210

Exactly we can all share here and nobody is judged
    argedion and SirSpace like this.
  7. SirSpace

Well I been on forums for a while but this place really feels like your accepted no matter how long you been here and in my eyes that's great.
    argedion and lunatic59 like this.
  8. Liamo_210

Yep thats how i feel it dosnt matter how many posts you have you are still respected
    argedion likes this.
  9. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you knew *my* family, I don't know that making it feel that way would be a good thing. ;)

It really just comes down to the site's owner having a vision and making it work. We do our best to maintain an oasis of civility in the vast stupidity of the internet. :D
  10. Liamo_210

This really is one of the only forums that maintains such a high level of order
    damewolf13 and argedion like this.
  11. SirSpace

Lol lunatic I see what your saying
    argedion, jmar and lunatic59 like this.
  12. breadnatty08

QFT :D
    jmar likes this.
  13. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I love this place and here's why.....I've lost count of how many forums I'm on and nothing bothers me more than feeling like you just interrupted a conversation.

Don't get me wrong, I know members tend to form cliques; for lack of a better word but nothing is as disappointing as coming in to say hi but because you're not as active or part of the clique, your hi might as well been said behind a closed door cause no one sees or hears you.

When I come here it feels as though the door is always open with snacks for everyone.
    argedion, jmar and SirSpace like this.
  14. Liamo_210

Truer words were never spoken.
  15. breadnatty08

I got the pizza! :D
  16. SirSpace

Exactly scandal you took the words out of my mouth I love this place
  17. Liamo_210

Someone should start an AF forums appreciation thread.

Should I??
  18. SirSpace

I was hoping that this thread turned into that =O just for ppl being there regardless of what its for
    damewolf13, argedion and lunatic59 like this.
  19. Liamo_210

OK nice i cant wait to see how popular it becomes.

IT already has a lot of posts, i reckon this will be a very popular thread
  20. lunatic59

There have already been a couple of those. While the thanks and the groups hugs are appreciated, just having a forum where people want to come and hang out is the best appreciation ... and the free pizza

*looks hungrily in Dread's direction*
  21. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

When I first joined and for the first year or so it was just a forum for information for me. The last couple of years it has grown into so much more. I feel like this is a big useful online family. The community is great here, and I am glad to be a part of such a great site!
    damewolf13 likes this.
  22. Liamo_210

Luna you must be one of the most important and funny members of this forum. As if you are not helping someone you are making them laugh. Nearly every comment you post i have a chuckle at. Maybe i should start a lunatic59 appreciation thread
    lunatic59 likes this.
  23. SirSpace

Lol that wasent the final objective just wanted to let everyone know how grateful AF is to me and just wanted to acknowledge the ppl that make it what it has become and all the other members on AF and how that one post information related or not can make a difference in someone's day. You don't know how many times I'm lol cause of the shit on this forum can imagine what ppl must think when I'm lmao over something I read on the forum
    damewolf13 and lunatic59 like this.
  24. lunatic59

*thinking of something not funny to say*

Sorry, I'm drawing a blank here.
  25. SirSpace

Everyone's got thanks but me I see how it is lol jk I got you lunatic thread started
    lunatic59 likes this.