Forum web site is really annoying on the MomentSupport

Last Updated:

1. jeffdlb

jeffdlb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was finally able to try out a working Moment instead of a demo model last night. I went to http://androidforums.com/ and was dismayed that the webmaster has coded this site so that text does not adjust to the screen width. The only way to use the site is either zoom out so the text is unreadably small, or keep scrolling left and right. The view is better than on my Centro (which has an even smaller screen), but it's annoying that a forum for mobile devices is not usable on one!

I found a setting on the Moment that tries to allow the page to adjust, but if the site is HTML table-based with hard-coded widths the Moment can do nothing.

Advertisement
  2. jasonamd

jasonamd Well-Known Member

You need to view the mobile version of the forums. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and select "AF Mobile" from the drop down box instead of "Phandroid Skin"

3. jeffdlb

THANK YOU! That was not obvious.

4. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

The drop-down box gets obscured by the Android zoom-bar when you scroll-down to the bottom of the page. Have to wait for it to disappear to choose AF-Mobile :) No multi-touch in Android yet.

5. jeffdlb

Also, the skin setting is controlled by a cookie (I think) rather than a change in the URL. At the Palm forums using the same software (vBulletin), the Mobile link (near the top of the page) goes to a different URL which is therefore bookmarkable.

6. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

maybe someone will redesign the whole electronic world just for you so you can be happy again...

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

i have no problem reading the androidforums.com site on my moment... without zooming. Maybe get your eyes checked?

8. Sphagnum

Sphagnum Well-Known Member

:D

The mobile theme was set by default for this site on my moment...

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

hmm not for me. I see full html. Sometimes its a pain clicking the right link, ( the 1's 2's &3's page markers) without zooming, but readability for me is just fine.