Forwarding a contact - someone must also have noticed??Support

Last Updated:

1. adybaby

adybaby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Someone must have the same issue - X10 phone doesnt seem able to forward contacts?? Cant even seem to do it via bluetooth.

Advertisement
  2. blaze_dave

blaze_dave Well-Known Member

I know you can send the contact as a business card , which requires you to do it by Bluetooth.

It's very odd...

3. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's not a limitation on Android 1.6?

I thought the OS had to be Android 2.0+ before you could use Bluetooth for sending and receiving stuff (including contacts); 1.x only gave you headphone support

4. F1NinjaTZS

F1NinjaTZS Member

I've not tried sending by Bluetooth, but receiving's fine - it's how I got my contacts transferred over from my old phone.

5. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

maybe this is a dumb question, im still relatively new to android and i havent received my X10 yet but couldn't you just put all your contacts into gmail or your other email client and then sync that? Wouldn't you then always be able to get your contacts no matter what?

Again sorry if this is offside but I thought that was one of the good features of these phones.

6. adybaby

adybaby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi - maybe you are right? not really much of a tecno guy so wouldt really know how to do that, will give it a try but advice would be goof from anyone who has?

7. pontuszaar

pontuszaar Active Member

I think i have a solution.
    When you write a message you write the name in contact search box and the phone number appears in the box, you then long press the box and you will get the option to copy the contact. Then you go to the compose message box, long press it and then paste and thats it!

8. muncaidh

muncaidh Member

I agree. There doesnt seem to be a way to send contacts. I also sent a contact SMS to my x10 from a c902 and it failed to receive it which I thought was poor

9. Fishermandan

Fishermandan New Member

Not being able to send contacts as business cards is really a flaw, surely it must have been an oversight by the developers, it can only be a few lines of code!
    There must be a 3rd party app out there, has anyone found it?

10. whiteboy

whiteboy Member

Just another reason the x10 is a poor phone, only 10 months of my contract to go thank goodness

11. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

When I first transferred over to android from my old w960i.. I managed to have a pretty old backup file of my contacts.. I used outlook to import the contact, can't remember next step properly but it was to do with getting them across to my gmail.. (i think it was to save them to an outlook format then importin them to gmail.) Then at end just syncing phone with gmail.

Hope it helps!!