• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

forwarding texts and calls to tablet from phone

I have a good voice number. I also have two apps on my tablet, each does about the same thing. One is Talkatone and the other is GrooveIP. You can set up your Google Voice number so that if someone calls it, it rings your tablet.

I guess the hard part would be getting your phone calls to Google Voice. Call forwarding or porting the number over aTalkatonere two options. Maybe someone else knows what to do about that.

Upvote 0
I just bought a galaxy tab 2 10.1, still in the mail, and i was wondering if there was a way for me to recieve my phone calls and text messages on my tablet. I want to do this when im at home because i want to only have to carry one device around when im trying to do school work. Any ideas?

The simplest solution would be to contact your Provider and ask about a "Partner or Flexi Card" this is basically a Second SIM as a Micro Card which you simply insert into your Tab and it has the SAME TelNr. as your First SIM....This is convienient because once you Insert and Activate these Second SIM's you forget about it.
Your Original SIM becomes the Master SIM and the Second one becomes your Slave SIM so too speak..once it has been Activated by your Provider YOU can choose which SIM becomes Master or Slave by inserting a simple code, when you receive Calls or Messages your Master SIM rings and if you DO NOT pick up after several Seconds it Transfers automically to your second Slave SIM and this then rings..!
I have this solution it saves clogging up your Tab or Phone with junk Apps and works perfectly.!!!
Check with your Provider about Terms, Costs and Conditions.
Cheers and Enjoy
Andrew

Reactions: askingquestions1
Upvote 0
The simplest solution would be to contact your Provider and ask about a "Partner or Flexi Card" this is basically a Second SIM as a Micro Card which you simply insert into your Tab and it has the SAME TelNr. as your First SIM....This is convienient because once you Insert and Activate these Second SIM's you forget about it.
Your Original SIM becomes the Master SIM and the Second one becomes your Slave SIM so too speak..once it has been Activated by your Provider YOU can choose which SIM becomes Master or Slave by inserting a simple code, when you receive Calls or Messages your Master SIM rings and if you DO NOT pick up after several Seconds it Transfers automically to your second Slave SIM and this then rings..!
I have this solution it saves clogging up your Tab or Phone with junk Apps and works perfectly.!!!
Check with your Provider about Terms, Costs and Conditions.
Cheers and Enjoy
Andrew

Andrew -- this is exactly what I've been looking for. Can you give more instructions (either here or by private message) on how to actually set this up? When I called Verizon to ask them about the tabs with "phone functionality" they said that that must be referring to Viber and Skype type programs.

I want to be able to leave my house without my phone and travel with only a tablet (I realise I need to be on the network) and am dying to figure out how to do it! Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones