Found 2 nice cases for the g1Accessories

Last Updated:

1. newsoltsc

newsoltsc Member This Topic's Starter

So... I've been on the search for a really nice fitting g1 case and I came across two that I've been really satisfied with.

1) The Motorola OEM Q case. I went to Best Buy today and this lady said "Yeah we have a case specific for the g1". Then she pulls out a Motorola case... She obviously didn't know what she was talking about. But I tried it out anyways.. it fit like a glove!!
    Nonetheless they didn't sell that Motorola case.
    So I did some google searching and found out that it was the OEM Motorola Q case.

2) The Sidekick Slide case. I went to a T-Mobile store to look for a case and started testing a few cases. I came across a side case for the Slide. And again... fits like a charm. It is the T-Mobile brand as well.

I will be purchasing both tomorrow and I'll take pictures of them to show quality and fitment. Then I'll return the one I didnt like (or felt was less fitting for the phone).

Anyways... if you have one of these phones, or know a friend who has one; ask if they have a case that you can try.

-Jose

Advertisement
  2. Zinzi

Zinzi Well-Known Member

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

4. Zinzi

Zinzi Well-Known Member

Yeah it's not too bad. I'd like to see other coloured cases though, but then I'm a girl & like to make things pretty haha.

5. johnkzin

johnkzin Well-Known Member

I went to the t-mobile store and bought the clear plastic case. The one that has the two "gull wings" that fold out on the back to use as kickstands. ("gull wings" like cars that have doors that open upward, like the delorean from "Back to the Future")

Though, I immediately opened it up and started using it, while he was making change for the money I paid. I'm glad I did. The case I first picked up had a wing that wouldn't close all the way. So they immediately replaced the case, and I have a working one. But, if you get that case, open it and test the wings immediately, to be sure they're fully usable.

(you can also buy that case online, but after today's experience, I wouldn't recommend that -- I'd hate to wait for shipping, discover the problem, convince the vendor they have to replace it, and then deal with more shipping and such)

6. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

7. ds baruuuuu

ds baruuuuu Member

anyone try a case with a magnet clasp i remember reading somewhere it messes u the compass or something?

8. roddoyle55

roddoyle55 Member

I found a case at walmart in the camera dept for 9.99,fits G1 very good and has stitched belt loop and mag lid. Look for a "KODAK" black leather camera case.

9. newsoltsc

10. STORM3333

STORM3333 Well-Known Member

i agree i just ordered it!

11. jennd

jennd New Member

fommy.com has custom g1 cases..and pretty ones for girls too!! lol

12. newsoltsc

Ok so the case came in yesterday.
    So far so good. I like it a lot.

It does fit very tight, but I think after using it for a while it will loosen up.

I took pics with my old phone and will upload them later tonight when I get home from work.

But so far I rate it about 8/10.

13. STORM3333

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Leather...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

OKAY SO IS IT LIKE SERIOUSLY WRONG FOR ME TO BE SO IN LOVE WITH A DEVICE TO A POINT IT'S THE MAN IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW? I GOT MY CASE TODAY AND OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SO THE BUSINESS! MY G1 REST ON MY HIP AND IT FEELS OH SO SEXY AND IT DOES WHAT I NEED IT TO DO WITHOUT DISAPPOINTING! GET THIS CASE IT IS AWESOME!

P.S I'VE ALREADY REMOVED THE INVISIBLE SHIELD FROM MY DEVICE........NUFF SAID! :mad:

~NAMASTE~

14. chasendecker

chasendecker New Member

So with the flap does it get in the way when you slide out the screen

15. STORM3333

not at all, the case is fabulous! I give it five stars.

16. illini2011

illini2011 Member

my question is it looks like it has a magnetic clip, does this interfere with your compass?