• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Found 2 nice cases for the g1

newsoltsc

Nov 9, 2008
So... I've been on the search for a really nice fitting g1 case and I came across two that I've been really satisfied with.

1) The Motorola OEM Q case. I went to Best Buy today and this lady said "Yeah we have a case specific for the g1". Then she pulls out a Motorola case... She obviously didn't know what she was talking about. But I tried it out anyways.. it fit like a glove!!
Nonetheless they didn't sell that Motorola case.
So I did some google searching and found out that it was the OEM Motorola Q case.

2) The Sidekick Slide case. I went to a T-Mobile store to look for a case and started testing a few cases. I came across a side case for the Slide. And again... fits like a charm. It is the T-Mobile brand as well.

I will be purchasing both tomorrow and I'll take pictures of them to show quality and fitment. Then I'll return the one I didnt like (or felt was less fitting for the phone).

Anyways... if you have one of these phones, or know a friend who has one; ask if they have a case that you can try.

-Jose

I went to the t-mobile store and bought the clear plastic case. The one that has the two "gull wings" that fold out on the back to use as kickstands. ("gull wings" like cars that have doors that open upward, like the delorean from "Back to the Future")

Though, I immediately opened it up and started using it, while he was making change for the money I paid. I'm glad I did. The case I first picked up had a wing that wouldn't close all the way. So they immediately replaced the case, and I have a working one. But, if you get that case, open it and test the wings immediately, to be sure they're fully usable.

(you can also buy that case online, but after today's experience, I wouldn't recommend that -- I'd hate to wait for shipping, discover the problem, convince the vendor they have to replace it, and then deal with more shipping and such)

Upvote 0
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Leather...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

OKAY SO IS IT LIKE SERIOUSLY WRONG FOR ME TO BE SO IN LOVE WITH A DEVICE TO A POINT IT'S THE MAN IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW? I GOT MY CASE TODAY AND OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SO THE BUSINESS! MY G1 REST ON MY HIP AND IT FEELS OH SO SEXY AND IT DOES WHAT I NEED IT TO DO WITHOUT DISAPPOINTING! GET THIS CASE IT IS AWESOME!

P.S I'VE ALREADY REMOVED THE INVISIBLE SHIELD FROM MY DEVICE........NUFF SAID! :mad:

~NAMASTE~

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones