• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Found a cool feature by mistake, but lost it

13ilgal

Sep 29, 2012
Maybe someone can help me find (again) this feature I stumbled on.

I have a Wi-Fi only Note GT-N8013 (US) running the new JB 4.1.2.

I was playing around on the main Home screen and accidently hit the key that takes a screen shot. (Nothing new - haha). However, this time, instead of going into the clipboard, the screen shot immediately displayed with a small selection of editing tools. Since I had the stylus in my hand, I just started writing on the image. No switching to the Clipboard (through the Gallery), no choosing an app. I just started writing. I believe there was a writing tool, an eraser, and maybe a crop tool, all in the left corner. I wrote on the shot and saved it.

OK - so I liked that feature and tried to replicate the behavior. Displayed a page, pressed screenshot. Now I just get a notification that the shot was saved to the clipboard. When I open it, and choose "Edit", my editing options are to use PS Touch or Paper Artist.

Does anyone know what I did in paragraph one, and how I can regain that cool functionality of taking a screen shot and immediately being able to write on it?

Thanks!

Sorry - figured it out and maybe this will help someone.

I took the screen shot NOT with the button on the home screen, but by holding down the button on the S-Pen, then long-pressing on the image. This took a screen shot, popped up the image and gave me the editing tools to write on the picture.

I do seem to recall now that another forum user shared this tip but I'd forgotten it.

Have fun with screenshots! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones