Found a place to get Evo's

Last Updated:

1. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen some people are having issues finding Evo's in stock. Was at Wal-Mart today and seen they had one on display and asked if they had any in stock and the guy checked and said they have had them for a couple weeks now. The main person on the account just has to be their.

Just a heads up for anyone that has been looking for one, might want to check Wal-Mart.

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

WalMart, Sam's, and Sear's are all dealers that some people don't think about.

3. octagon

octagon Member

Went to a Sprint store in San Francisco yesterday and was able to snag an Evo.

I called all the big box retailers and they all gave me the same spiel. I happened to wander into this hole-in the wall Sprint store/repair center after checking out a Verizon store for the Droid X (funny - Sprint was directly across the street). Asked how long the waiting list was for the Evo and the kind lady offered me the last one she had in stock.

Another customer came in during my activation process asking for the Evo to which the rep. responded that it would only be a week to get them in store if they ordered it.

So I guess the best thing to do is check-in store and be prepared to buy if they so happen to have them in stock. Best of luck!

4. thelonewizard

thelonewizard Well-Known Member

Genius. Now can you upgrade a line? I'm eligible for an upgrade, but can Wal-mart use that, or do I have to pay full price?

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

WalMart was able to do it on the website. I'd guess the same would be true for in-store

6. Joe Las Vegas

Joe Las Vegas Well-Known Member

Can you use the employee discount if you get it thru Walmart or Sam's club?
    My wife can get the 18% off thru the school district, but it looks like the only way to activate the account with the discount is online, and the EVO's are still sold out on the Sprint website, anyone knows more about that?
    Thanks!

7. kimmied2000

kimmied2000 Active Member

I bought my Evo at Wal-Mart where my husband actually works. We were not able to use his employee discount to purchase the phone itself, but I filed it online and we are getting a 20% discount now. They said it could take 3-4 billing cycles before it was reflected, but it showed on the 2nd bill.

I'm on the 69.99 plan + $10 for evo + 7 ins. + taxes and other things, I figured I would be getting a bill for about $100 every month...with the Walmart employee discount, the monthly bill was $81.11. (First bill was around $150 with activation and prorated month fees, etc.)

Joe Las Vegas likes this.
  8. Joe Las Vegas

Sucks! might do that if they can't get more phones online on the Sprint website anytime soon.
    They screwed up, they had the best and only 4G phone ever, and they should have known that they would sell like hot cakes, instead of having more than enough, they sold them all out in a day or two and now, nothing, in the meantime, that useless i-phone 4G is selling like crazy with no shortage of supply, while Sprint is losing customers left and right, because they don't have 4G phones available:rolleyes:

9. SprintTerp

SprintTerp Well-Known Member

I work at a pcs store in Western NC and we've been getting shipments just about every week since the phone shipped. We're down to one right now which is about to get sold, but we're getting 10 on Monday.

10. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Are they letting you guys sell them without contracts?

11. rsl5150

rsl5150 Member

You can also call Best Buy 1-877-702-2211. I called them on July 17th and received my black EVO on the 21st. I did pay the extra $10 for express shipping. Not sure if they still have them in stock....but it's worth a try. Good luck!

12. Joe Las Vegas

I checked a big Sprint store and according to them, none of the Sprint stores in Vegas have any EVO's, might end up checking Walmart, Sam's Club and Best Buy later.

I checked Sears' website, and they said they will ship out in 3-4 weeks, does that mean more are on the way nationwide, including Sprint stores? I'd rather order from Sprint online to get the discount right away.

13. Never!?

Never!? Well-Known Member

Got mine at Sams. Im an employee there and always go there first.

14. silliybilly

silliybilly Well-Known Member

I called a few Radio Shacks in smaller towns today and asked if they had any EVOs in stock. All said no but they should have some soon. One store said they are due to receive some next week but..."the 19 stores in their district are only going to get 30 phones to divide between them on this shipment"!! Wow! 30 phones for 19 stores. Looks like those stores will only knock off a few people from the waiting lists!

15. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to snag one yesterday out of the blue from one of my local radio shacks... I went in there around 12 noon, the guy said we are getting a shipment at 3pm. I came back with expecting to pay cash and the salesman said what version iPhone is that? I said 16gb 3G... he said let me take a look at it... I obliged and he said we do trade ins...

I said well how much for the iPhone? He said we'll give you $250 for it since its mint... I quickly did the math in my head and said to myself "an EVO for free? Hells yeah!" So I.walked out with one of the only two EVO's they got in their shipment...

I don't regret for.one second trading that damn iPhone for the EVO. Once I upgraded to iOS4, my phone went to crap...

16. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member

Sorry dp....

17. Satellite

Satellite Member

Smaller sprint store here in San Antonio... Number 2 on the waiting list!

18. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

/edit/ never mind, makes more sense after merge

19. ekang

ekang Well-Known Member

Good luck man...you're in for a great phone. Still loving my evo and i bought mine at launch

20. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Me 2.The Mitsubishi dealer by my house have some new Evo's in stock.