Found a use for the slide out keyboard today!

1. ocean1

ocean1 Well-Known Member

Went to verizon to get the darn thing to wake up after calls and such. The rep said slide out the keyboard. What do you know that works! Knew that thing was good for something. sure isnt made to type on lol. As far as it going to sleep all the time they said thats normal to a point. Try a battery pull when it does it...... OMg I had flash backs of my Storm.. Im another beta tester woohoooooo

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Yeah, it does wake up the phone, but it's a lot more steps than just pressing the unlock button.

As for the screen timing out, that's a feature, not a bug. If you want to change the time it takes, go settings->sound and display->screen timeout.

While the VZW employees may be friendly, they are not always knowledgeable.
  3. ocean1

ocean1 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ill try that. Yea the reps seem to not know a lot about the Droid. Its new they will get it. thanks again!
  4. spectrrr

spectrrr Well-Known Member

I have found in my experience that unless you are already certain that you need or want to EXCHANGE your phone, going to see a Verizon rep is the LAST place you want to seek advice about any phone in the "smartphone" category. Most Verizon reps know nothing about the usage of smartphones, and asking them will often lead you in wrong direction. Ask questions in places like here, where the people (some of them) actually know what they are talking about, at least more so than a VZW rep.
  5. ocean1

ocean1 Well-Known Member

lol your right. They said they only got two hours of training on the phone.
  6. jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980 Well-Known Member

The physical keyboard can be used for this as well.

Just press ALT+↑+DEL
  7. djaffinito

djaffinito Member

My fat fingers can't type on this keyboard, lol.

Thats ok though, I know it's just cause I have fat fingers, and not the keyboards fault. My girlfriend can use it just fine.
  8. spectrrr

spectrrr Well-Known Member

hahaha.... and how much have each of us spent on the phone? 3 hours a night ****ing around with it for the last week? PLUS normal usage time during the day? PLUS this board? thats like.. 30+ hours vs VZW's 2 ..... hmmmmmmmm
  9. AzJazz

AzJazz Well-Known Member

Huh? Where the heck is the "↑" key?
  10. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

press up on the d pad.

i use the slide out keyboard a lot. everyone says how useless it is but not to me. and my thumbs are HUGE
  11. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

I've gone back to the vzw store a few times for various reasons. I've schooled ever single rep I've talked to. LOL
  12. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member

As far as screen timeout goes... i wish the programming was a little bit smarter... for example on the iPhone if i'm watching a movie it knows that i'm using the player and watching a movie and never times out....
  13. baddriver

baddriver Well-Known Member

screen stays on for me when I watch movies
  14. dw0095

dw0095 Well-Known Member

that reminds me of the day I bought the phone..."can I answer answer any of your questions"? No, just checking out the new droids... "well the moto has a physical keyboard and the Htc doesn't". Holy shit man, thanks for clearing that up, glad I didn't ask!