found a way to download music off net

Last Updated:

1. aaronin

aaronin Member This Topic's Starter

found a way to download mp3's straight to SD card. would like to find a developer to put the steps into an application to make available on the market for profit. anyone interested?
    i had this up on another forum but i think the moderator is mad cause i wont tell everyone how to do it for free, so he locked the thread.

anyone interested?

Advertisement
  2. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

um I have to ask but how can you have found a way if someone else actually has to write how to do it for you?

Surely you must understand how to program and how the phone works to have stumbled upon this opportunity?

Discover lets you transfer straight to the SD Card anyway via wifi so whats the big deal?

So many questions but will stick to those at the mo because you post is very very vague in the details.

For example download from where? browser? PC? Another handset? specifics would help or are they a closely held secret?

3. aaronin

i dont know how to make apps, no clue how at all. but i know how to download mp3's for free straight to the card from the net, great for people that dont have a computer and cant transfer mp3's via usb, and great for people that have a puter but without usb 2.0

because G1 wont work with usb 1.0

4. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

So you can do this already? you have tried this and works?

If the answer is yes then why would you need an application to basically "steal" mp3's?

5. aaronin

my point is theres only 3 steps to getting mp3's its seems pretty obvious that no one else has figured it out, and if they have they havent told anyone else.
    i just need someone to write an app that will do the steps for people. so it can be sold. im broke and would like to make a buck off of what i figured out. which honestly i cant believe no one else has. theres gotta be others out there that have. but after searching for months on forums etc. i havent ran into one person that knows how, so i figure i could make a buck

6. aaronin

steal? jesus i hate that word, you honestly think theres some tiny percentage of people "stealing" music.

yeah yeah i know, the amount of people doing it doesnt make it right.
    well i also live in america with just about the most corrupt government. they steal from us, so ya know. one hand washes the other and so on

7. aaronin

maybe this is why no one has spoken up to tell other people about it, so i guess ill just shut up and keep it to myself

8. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

I think I can see why no one has touched this and I very much doubt it would last long on the market and here is why.

Now correct me if I am wrong but:

You haven't done this and have no idea if it would work but you want to make money by getting someone to write an application that you will charge people to buy so that they can rip someone else off by grabbing mp3's for free?

Can you see where I am coming from? and if a developer did listen to you and develop it from your "perceived idea" what is stopping them from ripping off your idea and selling it as their own seeing as they would be doing all the work?

9. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

Morals aside, yes I know how it works and many people download music etc but your not stealing from the Government your stealing from the artist/copyright owner so your argument doesn't really hold water does it?

10. aaronin

i never said it doesnt work, ive been trying to figure this out since november, and yesterday i figured it out, ive been sitting here downloading since then. im one of thoose people with usb 1.0

as in ripping off my idea. i figured a contract would take care of that

11. aaronin

im not saying "its not wrong" persay...........im just saying i know how to do it and im sure theres thousands of other g1 users that would do it also

12. aaronin

hhhhhahahahahaha im not laughing at u, i never thought of it that way! thats friggin hilarious, charging people to steal............im not being sarcastic, thats making me laugh. cause i guess thats exactly what it is

13. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

yup Swizz couldn't agree more as I pointed out here

It's obvious why it was locked on a previous forum and no one has touched this with a barge pole, I am sure the developers round here wouldn't do it and they would feel bad if someone ripped off their work and passed it on for free when they are charging for anything that they own the "copyright too"

I actually don't think any logic was put into the thinking tbh

14. aaronin

ive gotten the same idea actually.

didnt think id make a buck off it, but i figured id at least try. i already figured that would happen and id just share it with everyone anyways. or would that kind of information not be welcome here?????

15. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

I personally think it would get you banned very quickly as the Staff here are very very against what was being advocated.

Probably just best to keep it to yourself.

16. aaronin

aaaaaaaaaa! i got it. u can actually download anything off the net with it, as in non copyrighted things. god i cant be the only one that knows how to download files off the net onto the g1........i cant.

dont u know how to download files on your g1?

17. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

If you're wanting to discuss ways to make it possible to download files to your card directly from the net, fine. Say, free stock photos or whatever. Rock on. If this happens to be a broad solution that lets users download whatever they can find that is downloadable, that's just how the cookie crumbles.

We're not here to stop people from figuring out how to manipulate the open source software to do what they need.

However yes, we are against allowing people to openly attempt to steal (and yes that is the right word) copyrighted material. It's against the law. All morals about it aside - it is in the site's best interest to simply not allow it and I'd like to think most people understand and probably expect that. It can in fact get someone banned for persisting to try.

disclaimer: I don't own a G1, am not familiar with applications already out or its full capabilities at the time or in the future (there may already be an app for downloading pictures). I just work here.

18. Travis

Travis Member

Spoiler alert: Steel lets you download any file, even if the normal Browser likes to complain about it.

A much better way to go around this would be to use wget, or I'm sure netcat would be able to give the same result, just a little more difficult-like. Can anyone check if either of those two binaries are in the stock RC33 install? [or RC9]

Not condoning stealing, however for people having problems with legit means.

19. daje00

daje00 New Member

dude, just tell us how to do it and stop all this back and forth..... helping each other is what this forum is all about.

20. Daf

Daf New Member

Download music straight from the net? why not just go to a site called skreemr on your G1, im not giving you the exact link but search for a song then hold your finger on the song name and click "save link".

People like you who want to make apps and sell this method on need to GTFO forums like these or give the method for free.

21. blambu56

blambu56 Well-Known Member

Like Travis stated above - Steel let you download anything from the internet that you want to. Has done this since i installed it back in December. So whoever this guy is he just needs to get over himself for one minute.