Found solution for disconnecting phone calls

Last Updated:

1. crenita

crenita Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well after almost one month of frustration with this phone disconnecting my call while talking.because of the screen touching my face. I finally have a solution Hurray...
    simple when call arrives hit the power button Once.. the screen will go black and lock.. and you can move all over the screen with touching etc and the call continues .
    When you are ending the call just hit the power button again and everything goes live again on the screen to conclude the call.. I was to almost ready to go back to my old phone just to be able to talk on the PHONE...

HURRAY:):)

Advertisement
  2. Berkshire5

Berkshire5 Active Member

Sensor problem... Are you under warrenty? I'd highly recommend you taking it back to Verizon.

3. crenita

Yes I have only had it a Month... but from what the verizon tech said it is not a malfunction ... Was he wrong ??
    Is it really a malfunction and not just that I keep lifting the handset away from my ear and it hits my cheek and either disconnects or randomly hits buttons on the screen. It seems that the using that clik on the power button works or is that a bad thing to do ??
    I am a total novice w this phone ..

4. fox

fox Well-Known Member

the power button trick is a workaround and will not hurt your phone in anyway but if your sensor is faulty, then you should get it replaced.

crenita likes this.
  5. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

If on a call and you put your hand about half inch from the top screen and the screen does not go dark, you have a sensor problem. Take the phone back!
    As far as work arounds, power button works but if you hit the HOME button, it take you away and the screen should still go black when you get close. Up on the top notification bar will have your phone when you want to end the call. No locked screen.

6. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

I think it's the way people use it and not a faulty sensor exactly.

My wife's first Droid did kept muting and face dialing. We exchanged it for another one and had the same problem. When she went to use my Droid (which I never have had a problem with disconnecting) it happened to her again. Whether it's the shape of her face (she is rather homely) or how she holds it I don't know.

I just downloaded Screen Suite which offers a screen lock and some other features. I'm going to try it on her phone when I get home and see if she has any better luck.

(Honey, if you read this I was joking about the homely thing...)

7. crenita

I tend to agree it is a user issue.. I don't hold the phone tightly against my ear and tend to move the phone around as I talk.. That seems to make the sensor think I am away from the headset..

The little trick of hitting the power button seems to work pretty well. I did try the sensor test and it seems to work just find so I have to conclude it is ME. that is the problem.
    But now at least I have a work around..and don't hang up on phone calls. :)

8. dw0095

dw0095 Well-Known Member

Happens to me also, oddly enough - usually when I am talking to my friend with an Iphone...I always blame it on him (where's your bars in more places!) but I know the truth.

my droid sucks for using it as a phone.