Found the source of battery drain???

Last Updated:

1. erjennin

erjennin Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm on my second Droid2 due to a blown speaker on the first one and I've noticed something interesting.

My battery will randomly start draining very quickly and I think it is caused by a bug. If i go into "battery statistics" it tells me that the display uses nearly 30%, which normal, but also a program called ".com.motorola....etc" is using nearly 32% of my battery.

What is this program? Is this a known bug? Is there a way to fix it?

Can anyone explain why my phone battery will randomly drain so fast?

Advertisement
  2. dadunston

dadunston Member

I noticed this myself and deleted all of my social networking, news, and other widgets preloaded on the 7 homescreens. Now I'm good to go on battery life.

3. ckeegan

ckeegan Well-Known Member

semi-related, but I just ordered the OEM extended battery from Verizon for $35+tax (promo code: BAT30). I saw a few reviews with pics, and it looks to only add 2mm or so in thickness, and one reviewer (claiming to be a heavy user) said he had his D2 off the charger for 32 hours.

SioConnellan likes this.
  4. roaddog861

roaddog861 New Member

I had my Droid 2 with a normal battery off the charger for 39 hours. It still had 50% left after normal usage.

5. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

the ".com.motorola....etc" is all the motorola widgets (crap) that they put on there. I agree, deleted every thing you can from your home screens (motoblur/widget) related. I did and now my battery lasts all day. I unplug it at 7am and it lasts until 10pm (have about 20% left at that time) I wish mine would be 50% after 39 hour, that would be awesome!!!

6. jcernik

jcernik Active Member

How did u delete these? Did you just remove them from your home screens? Or is there a way to totally delete them?

7. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

You have to root the phone to totally delete them, but if you dont have the widgets on your home screens, they dont affect your battery.

8. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

I just deleted them from my home screen. Then I went into "manage applications" and forced stopped the ones I could. I am not ready to root yet, but like the previous post stated, the only way to get rid of them completely is by rooting.